Sign in to follow this  
Jgulla08

Can you guys tell me if this stock/buffer tube combo will be legal?

Hey guys, first time here and I have a question. I have a M&P 15 sport and I want to change the stock out. Am I good to go with these parts?

https://www.primaryarms.com/DS_Arms_6_Position_MilSpec_Carbine_Buffer_Tube_p/zm42929.htm

https://www.primaryarms.com/Magpul_MOE_Fixed_Carbine_Stock_Mil_Spec_Black_p/mag480-blk.htm

I measured and it seems like the OAL should be good. Still curious if you guys know. I'm also concerned that a buffer tube with 6 positions isn't ok, or that a stock that isn't pinned isn't ok.

Thanks so much in advance!

Yep.  As long as the stock doesnt collapse or telescope you're good to go.

Ok, so length should be good, too?

Thanks for the response. Sorry for what feels like a dumb question. It's so easy to become a felon in this state so I want to cross my t's and dot my i's.

There is no stock length requirement.  As long as your barrel is at or over 16" and over all length is at or above 26" it is legal (as far as length goes)

Using that stock the OAL is gtg and I'm fairly sure your M&P is going to have a 16" barrel. 

No problem about the questions.  Better to be safe than sorry. 

Thanks a bunch. The rifle has a 16" barrel and I measured it from barrel to receiver (24") so that's why I was figuring it was good on length (I should have specified OAL)

Thanks for the link. I will sit down and read through the thread. I know the basics of the "evil features," but the way NJ writes the laws leaves some things pretty ambiguous. Thanks again!