MB24

buying a stripped lower

No need for an FFL if you buy from a non-licensee.

I'm not sure what PK means however if you buy from an individual you wont need an FFL. You can do a private transfer. As the buyer show your driver's license, FID card and fill out 2 copies of a certificate of eligibility that you can download off the NJSP website. 1 copy to you, 1 copy to the seller. After that, you can buy and have shipped to your house any other parts.

Good luck. It's addictive.

C

A piece of advice when buying Lowers. As long as they are made from a Mil Spec forging they are all the same. No need to look for brand names. Stripped lowers can be had as low as $40.00 from online retailers. Pick up a couple and save on your NICS and transfer fees.

there is still record of you owning it, both through your credit card, and through the company.

Seeing as we are all legal gun owners that really isnt an issue. You can also pay about $150 more and buy a 80% Paperweight along with a jig to finish it.

IMO, one can finish it in another state and bring it back.

I am confused!  If you are talking about a FTF transfer of a serialized lower, okay, only the COE, if the seller keeps his copy, can come back to you!

Any purchase of a serialized stripped lower must be shipped to an FFL for transfer. Full record on file!

80% lower is a go but requires work and can never be transferred or left to an heir.

So how can I get a stripped receiver on the net without using an FFL???

Feel free to PM me.

A piece of advice when buying Lowers. As long as they are made from a Mil Spec forging they are all the same. No need to look for brand names. Stripped lowers can be had as low as $40.00 from online retailers. Pick up a couple and save on your NICS and transfer fees.

Sorry, I misread The above post.

Who said "on the net"? I was talking FTF with another NJ resident, or buy an 80% and take it to PA to finish it.

Okay, I knew that part.

And yes, it can be sold and left to heirs.

Thank for that info! Posts in another thread here about 80% lowers said that since it had no serial # it could not be sold or given to an heir! 

I appreciate your clearing that one up for me.

Wow, getting a little off topic. Thanks Vlad, that pretty much answers the question.

But it was half right. You stated that you NEED TO GO THROUGH an FFL to purchase a stripped lower, which you do not. But whatever.

The biggest problem I've had with stripped lowers is that they just won't stay naked.

Lower parts keep making their way into them, one orifice at a time.

It's downright scary how when you open up the safe one day expecting to see holes with nothing in them but they're filled with pins, springs and other parts.

It must be the parts fairy (second cousin to the tooth fairy) that comes by when everyone is asleep and installs parts in these damn things!!!

ALG triggers and Norgon ambi mag releases are EVERYWHERE !

Someone make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hysteric:

But it was half right. You stated that you NEED TO GO THROUGH an FFL to purchase a stripped lower, which you do not. But whatever.

OK now I'm confused. I said I thought you needed to go thru an FFL for a stripped lower and questioned if you needed an FFL for the parts. Vlad said FFL for stripped lower not for parts. Your saying no FFL for a stripped lower. What about parts for the lower?

Allow me.

A stripped AR lower, when purchased commerically (internet, gun shop, your favorite FFL) will always need a NICS check and a Certificate of Eligibility.

If you find one online, that retailer will send it to your FFL for the transfer. Your FFL may have them in stock as well.

The parts (LPK or lower parts kit), the upper, barrel, stock, magazines (15 rounds max) and any other misc. parts can be bought without any transfers or visit to your FFL and will be shipped directly to your home.

One thing to remember is that the summary of parts you purchased does not necesarily give you a NJ legal gun. For example, a barrel will need to be legalized with a device that will not add a point on the "evil feature list".

Same goes for a collapsible stock. You can buy them online. But, when assembled on the rifle, is an evil feature unless properly modified.

OK now I'm confused. I said I thought you needed to go thru an FFL for a stripped lower

I'm not an FFL.  I reside in NJ and I have 5 lowers for sale.  You do not need to go through an FFL to buy from me as it is a private party sale between in-state residents.  Does this clarify the point you were missing?

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way.

I'm not an FFL.  I reside in NJ and I have 5 lowers for sale.  You do not need to go through an FFL to buy from me as it is a private party sale between in-state residents.  Does this clarify the point you were missing?

how far north are ya? how much are they?

Yes I get that, just like p2p rifle sale. I guess I should have been more specific in my OP and said buying online.

Thanks