I was am / was here for both recent shootings in SC.  The population is very much controlling themselves from what I see.

Was in N. Charleston for the first one and it was seamless.

In the same area for this one but separated by the river.

Surprised nobody in the church returned fire. Was it a gun free zone?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Excellent point. I read somewhere that he reloaded several times. How many do you need to kill nine people?

In the three (probably more like 7-8 for this idiot) seconds it takes him to drop the empty, reach for the full mag, slap it in and chamber a round he's dead. 

But just try to bring this up. "OH WHADDYA WANT THE WILD WEST A SHOOTOUT IN A CHURCE YIKES!!" No I want three or four or seven fewer innocent victims and one dead asshole.

In SC, Churches are non-ccw carry zones unless you have permission from the pastor.  

This church's pastor is vehemently anti-gun.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then the shooter must have had permission. Now I get it. 

Ok we need to start the buddy system. If any of us looks like that we need to have an intervention

Got a good chuckle out of that one!

It's a gun free zone.  Magic sign didn't fucking work again.  Fire the sign company.

Ain't that the truth.

And how dare the media portray this as a racist incident, when it's clearly a psycho incident.

It was clearly both.

from other sites, there's been some discussion on his drug arrests (no convictions yet) that would indicate the cocktail he might have been self-prescribing is known to cause hyper-aggression. such could then manifest itself into the commentary he purportedly gave in the church, as well as be cause for his actions. if more concrete evidence is presented towards this i'll pass it along.

Looks like the parents are partially to blame also.  The shooter was arrested on felony charges for narcotics posession...  He would have failed a Background check...  Turned 21 in April, Parents got him a handgun...  Straw transfer?

Not convicted - both cases pending. This wasn't in NJ - he still has a presumption of innocence.

I read that HE bought the gun in April and not that it was a gift from dad.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/19/us/charleston-church-shooting-main/index.html

One key part of this horrific scheme -- the weapon -- came in April, when Roof bought a .45-caliber handgun at a Charleston gun store, the two law enforcement officials told Perez and Bruer from CNN, the first network to report this development. His grandfather says that Roof was given "birthday money" and that the family didn't know what Roof did with it.

Not convicted - both cases pending. This wasn't in NJ - he still has a presumption of innocence.

The report I heard this morning was that the father gave him birthday money and he used that to buy the handgun... I don't know if true. I also don't remember if it mentioned if the father knew what he would use the money for or not.

Now, in typical fashion, the assholes (including several Republicans) have latched onto a totally irrelevant issue: the Confederate flag. That asshole Rand Paul said put the flag into a museum and abolish it everywhere else.

Yeah. Get rid of the Confederate flag and suddenly blacks engaging in the knockout game will offer free twinkies to their victims instead of punching them in the head. Crazy crackers will no longer wish to kill blacks. Lions and zebras will lie down, nay, lie together and create viable offspring.

The pace at which the world, and sadly this country, is degenerating is absolutely astounding. The last six-seven years have been like a whirlwind. Before Obama was elected we had straight and gay. Now we have LGBQTXYZ. Gay marriage was practically a curse, now it may become the law of the land. Republicans backing an Obama initiative (the Pacific trade deal)? Ha: how can it be good for the USA? 

Freedom of speech is eroding, and Republicans call for banning the Confederate flag. 

If the 13 colonies had the right to overthrow British rule why is the South still considered backward for opposing an invading Union army? And why is one of the few remaining symbols of that rebellion so despised by the elites?

Several of our founders espoused occasional revolution to cleanse the body politic of its inevitable corruption and sclerosis. Hell: "When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another..."

That is how the Declaration of Independence begins.

And now CNN is saying this:

Charleston racist shooter Roof wanted an AR-15; had magazines, accessory....Earlier this year, he told an officer he wanted an AR-15 assault rifle.

A search of Roof's car turned up six crescent-shaped, 40-round magazines in the trunk.

"That's scary," former U.S. Attorney and State Law Enforcement Division Director Reggie Lloyd told The State newspaper, which first reported the development.

"We ought to be thankful he never got his hands on an AR-15."

This stuff that comes out of their mouth is so ridiculous