MartyZ

Midwayusa buckling under NJ A.G. pressure

Lemmings . Just say its ok and follow the next guy. This is how these gun laws started. Slowly like a frog being slowly boiled. These poor people at midway are scared what could happen if they dont follow the laws. Thats fine. But. They arent following nj's firearm laws. Theyre bowing down down rather then doing maybe another hour of research to look into the laws. Its not that difficult. Yeah and plenty of people thought it was ok when ahole hitler convinced them to give their weapons away. I was just educating them at midway. Nothing more and nothing less. So if you think its ok. When they ask for your ss number will you give it to them It starts incrementally.

Right, if the laws change to require FID for long gun ammo it would be a big deal and we should fight tooth and nail to keep that from happening. But again, I don't think we need to attack midway. If it's that much of an inconvenience to you, send them an email and move on to another company. I think getting Sweeny recalled is the best thing going right now to get these rules/laws off the books so you can buy ammo online from whomever without being asked for FID

I have sent an e-mail to Midway CS and Potterfield letting them know that I will not be doing business with them as long as they have the unnecessary FID requirement for long gun ammo.  As far as I am concerned, Midway is behaving like the Vichy French.

I received the same e-mail today.  I sent this to their CS department.  I urge everyone here to write Midway and express their displeasure.  Money talks, BS walks.  If Midway is threatened by the loss of NJ customers, they may change the policy.

That's pretty funny :)

If anyone reading this has any gumption at all, write to Larry Potterfield directly.  NJ law does not require a FID for long gun ammo, even if it can be used in a handgun.  Too many on-line retailers are adding the unnecessary requirement to NJ residents to provide a FID to purchase long gun ammo.  If you are the kind of person that likes to be pushed around, then do nothing at all.  If you don't like licking boot, then write to Potterfield and every other on-line retailer that demands your FID for long gun ammo and tell them they will not be getting your money.  It is the only way they will reverse the ridiculous policies. 

[email protected]

Yeah, the best idea is always to target the gun industry or firearms rights organizations for retribution when your state's shitty laws are causing problems and confusion. They are definitely the enemy.

Don't forget to check the box to add a dollar to your order for the NRA. Unless you are protesting them as well.

Go Sweeney.

I have sent an e-mail to Midway CS and Potterfield letting them know that I will not be doing business with them as long as they have the unnecessary FID requirement for long gun ammo.  As far as I am concerned, Midway is behaving like the Vichy French.

Maybe they should hire a special person just to watch NJ and NY laws full time so they can update their documentation and shipping practices. Oh! No need for NY anymore, they can't get ammo through the mail anymore. You'll probably be next. Better fight Midway if you want to keep your mailorder ammo rights because they plan to take them like they did with New York.

That's pretty funny :)

Yeah, the best idea is always to target the gun industry or firearms rights organizations for retribution when your state's shitty laws are causing problems and confusion. They are definitely the enemy.

Don't forget to check the box to add a dollar to your order for the NRA. Unless you are protesting them as well.

Go Sweeney.

Let me put this in the simplest possible terms so that you may have a shot at understanding the principle concept I was aiming at.  It's poor customer service.  There are other places with better customer service.  I do not do business with companies that slap me in the face for the privileged of taking my hard earned cash , that's all.  Now you go on ahead and have a nice day now.

Scorpio64, it is you decision to spend your money elsewhere... that is what's so great about this country.

However, are you sure you didn't misunderstand that email? I mean, I've always been able to buy long gun ammo through MidwayUSA. This FID thing was strictly for pistol ammo... in this state. There were other locations where residents could not buy any ammo due to their laws. That email was obviously a template, and they used customer info to fill in the state.

Just seeing if I missed something.

Let me put this in the simplest possible terms so that you may have a shot at understanding the principle concept I was aiming at.  It's poor customer service.  There are other places with better customer service.  I do not do business with companies that slap me in the face for the privileged of taking my hard earned cash , that's all.  Now you go on ahead and have a nice day now.

Have you shopped at Dick's Sporting Goods in the last two years?