Sign in to follow this  
kc17

Build question

I've been reading a lot of threads, but have not seen this particular question/idea.

I know I must have a fixed stock. My dilemma is determining what length stock I "need". My thought is to buy the stock next. So far I have the lower and lpk. Then fit the stock, determine the position that is comfortable and pin it. As long as I do not have the upper in my possession it can't be said that I had the intent to build an evil gun, correct?

Second part, which I believe I did see covered: I can pin the stock myself, correct? I don't have to have it done by an ffl or gunsmith. I just need to make sure it is permanently fixed.

Thanks

Kevin

Position 2 or 3 I'd say - depending on what's more comfortable to you.

Mine's in position 3.  (1 is fully closed).  I'm about 5'9" and shoot squared off so I want it a little shorter.  I could go position 2 also.but I don't like to be so close to the Charging handle...

Middy-ALG.jpg

Looking online I'm not seeing dimensions listed. That and you mentioning position numbers leads me to believe that they are all standard sizes?

I'm also seeing references to adjustable and collapsible stocks; same thing different term, correct?

It took me two tries to get the length right for mine. Started off with position three but felt to cramped up. Drilled and re pinned to position six and it's perfect for me.

I'm 5'10" and shoot bladed.

My advice on pinning is once you get the length set, drill through the stock first and mark the metal then take the stock off and drill your hole for the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk