Sign in to follow this  
dajonga

OGAM exemption timeline

How long does a 1 gun per month exemption application take? I dropped my paperwork off to my local PD 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Also, my existing OGAM deadline passed, so can I pick up one of the 3 guns listed on my OGAM exemption application?

I got mine turned around in 10 days in toms river.

An ffl can chime in but Im pretty sure since you had to list all firearms on the exemption you have to pick them all up at once.

I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ok, that was weird.

Got the call today at 3:46 that I could pick up my exemption letter. By 4.

Tomorrow in the AM, I will go pick it up and then pick up my new toys.

I hate OGAM, but this is the PRNJ.......a 2 week turn around for the exemption is not too bad.

I was expecting worse.

A timely topic -

I have an application in with my local PD for an OGAM exemption (submitted 6/8)

I've received my permits from my PD but no approved exemption from NJSP yet.

When i comes in:

I know that the QUANTITY to be purchased is limited to those listed on the forms (SP015 and 016)

But as to the timing:

Does the EXEMPT purchase stop a ticking 30 day clock (as in I purchased a handgun on a non-exempt PPP less than 30 days earlier) ?

Does a new 30 day clock begin with the exempt purchase or does the previous 30 day clock (ignoring the exempt purchase) continue ?

I've not been able to get a knowing answer from anyone yet (and I've avoided calling the Firearms Unit in W Trenton so as not to possibly slow down my own application)

Those of you who have done Exempt Purchases - what is your experience with this issue ?

Thanks in advance

A timely topic -

I have an application in with my local PD for an OGAM exemption (submitted 6/8)

I've received my permits from my PD but no approved exemption from NJSP yet.

When i comes in:

I know that the QUANTITY to be purchased is limited to those listed on the forms (SP015 and 016)

But as to the timing:

Does the EXEMPT purchase stop a ticking 30 day clock (as in I purchased a handgun on a non-exempt PPP less than 30 days earlier) ?

Does a new 30 day clock begin with the exempt purchase or does the previous 30 day clock (ignoring the exempt purchase) continue ?

I've not been able to get a knowing answer from anyone yet (and I've avoided calling the Firearms Unit in W Trenton so as not to possibly slow down my own application)

Those of you who have done Exempt Purchases - what is your experience with this issue ?

Thanks in advance

The current interpretation is: You can do an exempt transfer at anytime after a non exempt transfer - even immediately after a non exempt transfer is complete. You must wait 30 days after any transfer (exempt or not) to do a non exempt transfer.