Sign in to follow this  

CCW 50 States

NJ Gun Forum Members:

Good news!  Since this moronic Supreme Court of ours has decided that the 14th Amendment means ALL states must recognize homosexual marriage  under the "equal protection of the laws" statement, then wouldn't it follow that ALL states, including New Jersey, must recognize our CCW permits.  What a slam dunk.  RTKBA is at least in the constitution, marriage no.

Strike now!!!!!

BB

Freehold NJ

Lol I highly doubt that's going to be recognized now. But I understand the logic behind the premise. Could work out in our favor one day. But not today.

e4468b1e07250e3b25da7b0f08063c94.jpg

In the meantime, I have a "Recall Sweeney" t shirt with your name on it.

Wow,

I guess Jersey really sucks then! Funny, the choice of colors, since in an election, blue = Republican and red = Democrat!

Here it's the opposite! Red is bad and blue is good! All meant to try to confuse us even further!

I have written and emailed several people at the NRA asking for support in our state! Not even one response as a card carrying

member!!! The NRA has written off New Jersey as a lost cause!!!!!

Wow, I guess Jersey really sucks then! Funny, the choice of colors, since in an election, blue = Republican and red = Democrat! Here it's the opposite! Red is bad and blue is good! All meant to try to confuse us even further! I have written and emailed several people at the NRA asking for support in our state! Not even one response as a card carrying member!!! The NRA has written off New Jersey as a lost cause!!!!!

I think you lost me.

He got that backwards.

Anyway, although you'd think that since it worked for gay marriage, it would apply to ccw, but they really didn't rationalize that the 14th applies. They (the liberal justices) just wanted to legalize gay marriage and used the 14th as an excuse.

The 4 liberals would have voted for it even without a 14th ammdm't. There is rarely any basis in law in their decisions. They're not really serving as judges. They're leftist activist that have a been put in a position of unchecked power.

The same can not be said for the 4 conservative judges. They nearly always base their decisions on the law and their role as SC justices. Roberts being the exception of late.

So, no. This argument won't used successfully for ccw with this court. IMHO.

He got that backwards.

Anyway, although you'd think that since it worked for gay marriage, it would apply to ccw, but they really didn't rationalize that the 14th applies. They (the liberal justices) just wanted to legalize gay marriage and used the 14th as an excuse.

The 4 liberals would have voted for it even without a 14th ammdm't. There is rarely any basis in law in their decisions. They're not really serving as judges. They're leftist activist that have a been put in a position of unchecked power.

The same can not be said for the 4 conservative judges. They nearly always base their decisions on the law and their role as SC justices. Roberts being the exception of late.

So, no. This argument won't used successfully for ccw with this court. IMHO.

Would be funny if they saw a constitutional right to gay marriage in the 2nd Amendment, but not a right to keep and bear arms. Just sayin'.

NJ Gun Forum Members:

Good news!  Since this moronic Supreme Court of ours has decided that the 14th Amendment means ALL states must recognize homosexual marriage  under the "equal protection of the laws" statement, then wouldn't it follow that ALL states, including New Jersey, must recognize our CCW permits.  What a slam dunk.  RTKBA is at least in the constitution, marriage no.

Strike now!!!!!

BB

Freehold NJ

I don't see the NRA jumping at this anytime soon.