Polak

I need to move out of Jersey (things we can't own)

I know the feeling, I want an M1 Carbine, but they are not allowed in NJ. Probably cause of those riots in Plainfield when they were stolen in 1960s from the Plainfield Machine Co.

Probably have to get a Ruger Mini 14 which is close

It's neither. It's not NFA.

Yet.

If it has a stock its not an AOW. Barrels less than 18" on a shotgun are short barrel and are classified NFA. $200 tax stamp as apposed to $5 for an AOW. I get it the thing on the back of the receiver isn't a stock than maybe its a pistol. I wouldn't want to be the guy that gets charged with a SBSG and have to defend myself in federal court.

If it has a stock its not an AOW. Barrels less than 18" on a shotgun are short barrel and are classified NFA. $200 tax stamp as apposed to $5 for an AOW. I get it the thing on the back of the receiver isn't a stock than maybe its a pistol. I wouldn't want to be the guy that gets charged with a SBSG and have to defend myself in federal court.

Wrong. Shotguns start their lives with stocks. If it didn't start it's life with a stock, it is not a shotgun. It is "other" (NOT "AOW").

Barrel length matters not.

An SBS is a firearm made from a shotgun. This was not made from a shotgun, it is made from "other" (NOT "AOW"). As long as overall length is 32", it is not AOW.

It's not NFA.

Ring the bell. NFA school is dismissed.

• Like 1

I thought they were legal. Are they not? I even had a knowledgeable gunshop owner tell me they were legal. I was planning on buying one in the next few months.

M1 carbine? Banned by name in the AWB.

Yea, it sucks that here in the People's Republic of NJ we are "not allowed" to have certain firearms just based on name only.

I'd love to have an M1 Carbine...but that is a no-no here in NJ. (I'm sure the Plainfield riots have something to do with that since those people stole all those M1 Carbines from the Plainfield Machine Co.)