Pizza Bob

New Jersey Firearm Purchase and Permitting Study Commission,

Mipafox, can I assume that you're a political activist in your home state of Pennsylvania?  I certainly would hope so, because you're pretty damn critical of our efforts here in New Jersey.

What efforts have I criticized? I think you have me confused with someone else.

You can assume anything that you like. I personally do the things I am suggesting. I think my suggestions are far more helpful than critical, and over the years many people here have started using them. I'm certainly no expert or paid consultant. This is basic stuff, but a lot of people doing some basic stuff makes a huge difference. I have made a difference. I believe I have helped you make a difference as well.

This is the commission being formed pursuant to Christie's Executive Order #180. Any rumblings as to who may be appointed?

I e-mailed the governor's office and nominated a friend of mine who is highly qualified. I just don't want to see the likes of Loretta Weinberg or Charles Mainor on the commission.

I would say that the appointees will be indicative of how sincere this effort will be.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Well, the Govs office responded to my inquery about the commission and I just got sent a questionaire about me being appt'd (lol)....anyone else get bestowed this honor too?  Not sure I'm going to do the financial disclosure but what the heck.  I am also not a criminal-nor certainly firearms law- expert but I'll play and send it back. Just remember that I'll be reaching(screaming!) out for help when I get named to this commission.  

From the above-cited article:

Christie was snubbed by the NRA last April when it excluded him from speaking at its annual convention in Nashville, but invited a dozen other 2016 GOP hopefuls.

Reason 17-b not to send any more money to the NRA. It's not their f-ing damn business to "snub" anybody who is remotely capable of helping gun owners anywhere, especially someone who is at best on the fence, especially in a state like NJ. It is their business to engage such people in a respectful manner, to educate them.

From the above-cited article:

Christie was snubbed by the NRA last April when it excluded him from speaking at its annual convention in Nashville, but invited a dozen other 2016 GOP hopefuls.

Reason 17-b not to send any more money to the NRA. It's not their f-ing damn business to "snub" anybody who is remotely capable of helping gun owners anywhere, especially someone who is at best on the fence, especially in a state like NJ. It is their business to engage such people in a respectful manner, to educate them.

On the fence? I think he broke it

On the fence? I think he broke it

If I follow up on this I will get my third "warning point" and probably be kicked off forever, but yeah bruh. No illusions here.

Still, we can bitch and moan but the NRA should be professional and meet with anybody who can possibly help. For a while perhaps CC could have. Now that he's 99.8% lame duck there's no chance. Perhaps the NRA could, by inviting him, have shamed him into doing something, anything. 

Now the f** fU***** p**** of SH** s********* is basically planning his lecture career. He's hiring the Clintons' business manager, I suspect.

Another great public figure who by the time he's in a nursing home will have written more books than he's read.

So the NRA invited actual pro-gun presidential candidates instead of pretend pro-gun candidates and we should be mad at them?

YES WE SHOULD BE MAD AT THEM. Their job is to promote gun ownership, Second Amendment rights, etc., not to make political choices or to rule on other issues. Our rights are not negotiable, they have nothing to do with how the wind blows, of democrat or republican. 47 states issue carry permits, including BLUE states. Wake up.

The NRA should have viewed inviting Christie as an OPPORTUNITY. As a way of helping us. However small the chance. Instead they acted like assholes. F**k 'em. You guys in PA and FL and TX keep fighting for your rights to carry at county fairs and may the NRA help you forever. Not on my dime however.

YES WE SHOULD BE MAD AT THEM. Their job is to promote gun ownership, Second Amendment rights, etc., not to make political choices or to rule on other issues. Our rights are not negotiable, they have nothing to do with how the wind blows, of democrat or republican. 47 states issue carry permits, including BLUE states. Wake up.

The NRA should have viewed inviting Christie as an OPPORTUNITY. As a way of helping us. However small the chance. Instead they acted like assholes. F**k 'em. You guys in PA and FL and TX keep fighting for your rights to carry at county fairs and may the NRA help you forever. Not on my dime however.

An opportunity for what? To increase Chris Christie's national attention? Why would the NRA want to help an anti gun politician lie and get him more votes. I think they did the right thing by telling him to pound sand.

An opportunity for what? To increase Chris Christie's national attention? Why would the NRA want to help an anti gun politician lie and get him more votes. I think they did the right thing by telling him to pound sand.

+1

How could he ever have expected to go from governing of one of the least 2A friendly states to being the leader of a 2A friendly free America???

He was delusional at best! Had he made radical changes here in his own state and set an example, things may have been different!

You can't live in a garbage heap and run for chief cleanliness officer! Furthermore, you can't lead a state where innocent lives like Carol Bowne's don't matter and

expect favored son status from the NRA!

We might get permitting shifted from local police to state police and simplify pistol permit process after first issuance so you dont have to wait forever to get another pistol when you already have pistols. That is concrete progress that could very well happen with this committee. Baby steps in the right direction.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So you prefer giving up out of spite to opening a potentially beneficial dialog. 

Not to kiss his a**, not to "get him more votes" because he's never winning anyway, but to DO WHAT YOU"RE SUPPOSED TO DO which is to advocate for gun rights. 

The NRA and Christie haven't really been the best of friends...but then again, the NRA and its named State Assn haven't been on the same page, either.  Remember just a few years ago, when Christie was up for re-election and vetoed all of those crazy bills that came out of the legislature...from what I understand, the ANJRPC wanted to give Christie a "B" for his efforts, while the NRA wanted to give him a "C". 

Guess who won.

We might get permitting shifted from local police to state police and simplify pistol permit process after first issuance so you dont have to wait forever to get another pistol when you already have pistols. That is concrete progress that could very well happen with this committee. Baby steps in the right direction.

The committee does not exist.

So you prefer giving up out of spite to opening a potentially beneficial dialog. 

Not to kiss his a**, not to "get him more votes" because he's never winning anyway, but to DO WHAT YOU"RE SUPPOSED TO DO which is to advocate for gun rights.

It aint over until the fat lady sings.

If I follow up on this I will get my third "warning point" and probably be kicked off forever, but yeah bruh. No illusions here.

Still, we can bitch and moan but the NRA should be professional and meet with anybody who can possibly help. For a while perhaps CC could have. Now that he's 99.8% lame duck there's no chance. Perhaps the NRA could, by inviting him, have shamed him into doing something, anything. 

Now the f** fU***** p**** of SH** s********* is basically planning his lecture career. He's hiring the Clintons' business manager, I suspect.

Another great public figure who by the time he's in a nursing home will have written more books than he's read.

The two quotes above do not make sense? Go back to every political event in history and you will see both parties "promoting" the 2A in their own way yet most of us understand that the left parties do not mean what they say. Heck, obama said he supported the 2A, should the NRA have supported him or invited him the the dinner??

PERMITTING??? Most other states DO NOT require any sort of permitting or cards to purchase or own a firearm, NJ needs to get rid of this law and let the citizens live free

The two quotes above do not make sense? Go back to every political event in history and you will see both parties "promoting" the 2A in their own way yet most of us understand that the left parties do not mean what they say. Heck, obama said he supported the 2A, should the NRA have supported him or invited him the the dinner??

PERMITTING??? Most other states DO NOT require any sort of permitting or cards to purchase or own a firearm, NJ needs to get rid of this law and let the citizens live free

You guys don't get it. A professional advocacy organization is not supposed to behave like a spiteful little playground brat. They're not supposed to tell anybody to "pound sand." 

First of all that gets you nowhere. Have you ever received anything positive from anybody by trying to humiliate them? What freaking school of achievement did you experts graduate from? 

Second it tends to antagonize rather than convince. Maybe inviting CC would have had the exact same effect as telling him to pound sand. But inviting him can never be worse than not inviting him and then making a big deal about it. Imagine if he had made pro-2A statements, no matter how insincere, and afterward were held accountable for those statements. Now all we have is "elect a Republican legislature."

And yes, under the right circumstances invite even Obama, even Hillary, even Sens. Sweeney and Weinberg.

You guys don't get it. A professional advocacy organization is not supposed to behave like a spiteful little playground brat. They're not supposed to tell anybody to "pound sand." 

First of all that gets you nowhere. Have you ever received anything positive from anybody by trying to humiliate them? What freaking school of achievement did you experts graduate from? 

Second it tends to antagonize rather than convince. Maybe inviting CC would have had the exact same effect as telling him to pound sand. But inviting him can never be worse than not inviting him and then making a big deal about it. Imagine if he had made pro-2A statements, no matter how insincere, and afterward were held accountable for those statements. Now all we have is "elect a Republican legislature."

And yes, under the right circumstances invite even Obama, even Hillary, even Sens. Sweeney and Weinberg.

You don't get it - In the eyes of the NRA, gun rights are more important than anything, that is what they are advocating. In the past they have supported some pro-gun rights dems, who have shown by their actions to be pro-gun rights.

The NRA knows CC talks a good talk but he has never walked the walk when it comes to supporting our rights. Not inviting him was a message stating that if he wants to get invited he needs to step up to the plate. CC has stated he doesn't try to push pro gun legislature because he knows it would get shot down - THATS BS!! If he was trying he would have been invited to the NRA events, but he chose not to

Your last statement -

"under the right circumstances invite even Obama, even Hillary, even Sens. Sweeney and Weinberg." 

Why? Will that show you have a big heart? Show you are all inclusive? Encourage them to "like" you on internet social pages? Encourage them to change their minds and be more pro-gun rights? If you believe that you are the one who is misguided. 

NOT inviting these people shows they are not supported and they need to change their way of acting in order to get the support. The NRA is over 5 million strong now and that is a LOT of votes that can affect elections. 

NOT inviting these people shows they are not supported and they need to change their way of acting in order to get the support. The NRA is over 5 million strong now and that is a LOT of votes that can affect elections. 

Well then why don't they use some of those votes to affect NJ elections as I've advocated many many times?

There's a huge difference between kissing somebody's ass for no reason and trying to engage them in discussion. Too many posters believe that negotiation and persuasion equal capitulation. They do not. Mutual propaganda notwithstanding Nixon went to China and Reagan met with representatives of the "evil empire."

CC is a Republican (even if in name only), he's softened on gun issues since the 1990s, he's vetoed all the right legislation. Is he pro-gun in his heart of hearts? Almost certainly not, but he's far from hopeless on the issue. 

You guys make me laugh with your "sending messages" and promises of soiled diapers, which can only be achieved by voting them out, which you lack the will to do. If you're too high on your horse to speak with someone like Christie wait until January, 2018, when the lion emerges from his slumber, hungry for a lavish dinner where we're the main course.

We lost much of our rights by incremental change. We will get them back by incremental change. One step at a time. Patience. Nothing changes drastically and immediately in this country. That is a good thing. If huge immediate change was possible in the US guns would have been banned already. The great thing about our system is that it is so hard to change things.

Well then why don't they use some of those votes to affect NJ elections as I've advocated many many times?

There's a huge difference between kissing somebody's ass for no reason and trying to engage them in discussion. Too many posters believe that negotiation and persuasion equal capitulation. They do not. Mutual propaganda notwithstanding Nixon went to China and Reagan met with representatives of the "evil empire."

CC is a Republican (even if in name only), he's softened on gun issues since the 1990s, he's vetoed all the right legislation. Is he pro-gun in his heart of hearts? Almost certainly not, but he's far from hopeless on the issue. 

You guys make me laugh with your "sending messages" and promises of soiled diapers, which can only be achieved by voting them out, which you lack the will to do. If you're too high on your horse to speak with someone like Christie wait until January, 2018, when the lion emerges from his slumber, hungry for a lavish dinner where we're the main course.

They are trying to influence votes in NJ and NOT inviting CC to the event was also a message to anyone else that if they want the NRA backing they need to be more pro-gun rights. 

CC didn't win NJ because he was the best choice, he won because he was the lessor of the two evils, and he still does not understand that.

Speaking with CC will not get anyone anywhere, his response will be wishy washy BS intended to please everyone. His past actions will determine his future actions and his past is not pro-gun rights when compared to free states