So I have had the opportunity to CCW the last few days and once again reality has sunk in re the joy of CCW in the 100 degree FL heat..

Day 1: Glock 27 .40SW IWB holster and spare mag.

Day 2: Ruger LCP .380ACP in OWB

Day 3,4,5: NAA Revolver .22WMR in neck holster

post-5151-143594856144_thumb.jpg

I pocket carry my LC9 almost exclusively. Much more comfortable than IWB. If I want to where denim shorts, then I'll carry IWB, but most days I wear cargo shorts so the pocket is easier and more comfortable all around.

Agreed, I pocket cary my g42 all the time.. it works for me.

Lol I should be more specific. Yes it's a type of leather but it has a smaller footprint that isn't as smothering. It's definitely cooler and not just because I make them. I'd be happy to let anyone try my personal G19 rig and see for themselves

Lol I should be more specific. Yes it's a type of leather but it has a smaller footprint that isn't as smothering. It's definitely cooler and not just because I make them. I'd be happy to let anyone try my personal G19 rig and see for themselves

Okay so you make a holster similar to the Milt Sparks Summer Special. So it isn't Kydex sitting next to you. Suede rough side out on IWB holsters has been used for a long, long time. I've always used leather IWB or OWB. Kydex is okay but I don't see what other than lower costs it offers over leather.

I've only been carrying a gun for over 40 years. That includes hot climates like all southern border states from CA to FL and a bunch more.

Well, I'm not claiming any sort of new advancement in holster tech. I was just saying that there are options.

As far as benefits over leather, there are a few. Kydex doesn't wear out, it doesn't collapse as it gets older, and most importantly it doesn't wear the finish the on the gun because it doesn't attract and retain debris and oils the way leather does.

I'm not a believer in one perfect piece of gear so I'm not at all implying that kydex is the answer for everything. My point was that there are options and that while you may feel that leather is superior in all aspects, I disagree. While you may have far longer experience in carrying a firearm, I can say that I have a more than average amount of experience when it comes to being physically active while concealing. I spend lots of time practicing combatives and bjj and testing the possibilities of a firearm escaping concealment. Those that I practice with and those that have bought gear from me (90% of my customers are out of state internet sales) that also do the same, have had no complaints about the comfortability of bare kydex and I feel the same.That's just my opinion though. It's worth about as much as any other Internet opinion.

Well, I'm not claiming any sort of new advancement in holster tech...... It's worth about as much as any other Internet opinion.

Nothing wrong with you doing your own rendition of a proven idea. If we didn't do that we'd all still be tucking our pistols in sashes.

If you're comparing cheap leather holsters to Kydex I'd agree with you and your benefits of kydex. Not compared to a good leather holster.

I can guarantee you that I wasn't sitting on my butt for those 40 years eating donuts. I have carried in a concealment holster doing very active things many times.

I'm not sure what "testing the possibilities of escaping concealment" means. You can make any holster "escape concealment".

However, if you're making money selling kydex bless you. This is America and capitalism is good. Hope you become a multi million dollar outfit.

What I mean by escaping concealment was the possibility of worn in leather rig allowing a handgun to slip out of full retention. Leather doesn't have any active retention and is more of a tension fit than a positive *click* that you often hear with kydex. It's obviously a very rare occurrence that a firearm would ever fall out of a iwb holster but, I'd like to make it ever more rare. Again, that's more preference than anything.

If you really hope to see me become a multi-million dollar outfit, I'd be happy to sell you with a kydex holster ;)

What I mean by escaping concealment was the possibility of worn in leather rig allowing a handgun to slip out of full retention. Leather doesn't have any active retention and is more of a tension fit than a positive *click* that you often hear with kydex. It's obviously a very rare occurrence that a firearm would ever fall out of a iwb holster but, I'd like to make it ever more rare. Again, that's more preference than anything. If you really hope to see me become a multi-million dollar outfit, I'd be happy to sell you with a kydex holster ;)

If your price is right I'll buy one. PM sent.