Agreed and just because it is allowed does not mean you will easily find an FFL willing to extend their comfort zone to complete the transaction... Your level of knowledge is not typical of my experience when stepping up to a gun store counter. More times then not I am dealing with a clerk who has only basic training.

Where is Steve? I have never done an online NJ check.Sent from an undisclosed location.

I have, I've worked part time in a store for fun. Just like SSN the D/L number is optional.

My local PD in NJ will do my p2p, if I want one, with my FL d/l, my tax bill and FID. so I guess they're pretty progressive.

since DE is  not as gun friendly as PA, I have decided to change my location of apt search.  I have an appt with the leasing office tomorrow.

Not sure if you need to be close to a certain section in DE, but I was just visiting a friend at the Valley Brook apts in Chadds Ford, PA. Nice area, top school district (if it matters), practically across the street from a Target Master indoor range, and literally walking distance from the DE border.

Not sure if you need to be close to a certain section in DE, but I was just visiting a friend at the Valley Brook apts in Chadds Ford, PA. Nice area, top school district (if it matters), practically across the street from a Target Master indoor range, and literally walking distance from the DE border.

There are a number of good indoor ranges in that area. Not many clubs that I know of, though. I know there is the farm in Bucks, probably some others, and fringes of the Lehigh Valley or Harrisburg can be reached in under an hour during off hours.

To close this out I recently acquired a P2P from my local police using my NJ FID, a copy of my municipal tax bill, and my FL D/L.  I went to a store near me and bought a pistol (5.7 Mk II in FDE) and a Wilson combat lower, it NICS'd out and I provided a copy of my tax bill to by stapled to form 4473.  No D/L was entered into the NICS system, I was approved in a few minutes and walked out.  I'm glad this particular dealer knew the rules and had no issue doing it.  

The tax bill wasn't necessary at the PD. I wasn't sure if I needed it or not so I brought to show I owned the house in the FPID. I didn't need it and didn't clarify that in the post above. However, the FFL wasn't sure if it counted as a proper document and asked if I would provide another document to satisfy residency so obliged. They attached the photocopy of the tax bill to the 4473. I think the FPID is good enough but backing it up wasn't problematic so I did.