Sign in to follow this  
Vicious

What am I looking at?

More than 15 linked together makes it a high cap mag.

Good thing it's not in my possession. I will have to inform him of that. Maybe I'll ask for 15 links. 

Cool shop!

He owned his own auto-mechanic shop for a long time. He has every tool you can imagine, mostly snap-on. Prior to owning his own shop, he owned two gas stations and before that he was an electrician, and before that he was a plumber. lol I've learned a lot from him. 

Good thing it's not in my possession. I will have to inform him of that. Maybe I'll ask for 15 links. 

He owned his own auto-mechanic shop for a long time. He has every tool you can imagine, mostly snap-on. Prior to owning his own shop, he owned two gas stations and before that he was an electrician, and before that he was a plumber. lol I've learned a lot from him. 

That's awesome. He sounds like a very interesting man!

Those look like disintegrating links so if it was actually fed through an M60/M240/whatever the links would have come apart. If the primers are all struck that means someone took the time to re-link empty brass. Have to assume their intention was to simply make a conversation piece at that point.

I want one tho...

More than 15 linked together makes it a high cap mag.

I know you are kidding here! There is no way that is considered a magazine by NJ Statutes! First of all, "IT" is a grouping of links, each of which is capable of holding only 1 round!  Kind of like taping 50 magazines together with duct tape! Each magazine is only capable of holding 15 rounds. "IT" is still a group of 50 legal magazines! Do you want to say a box of links = constructive intent?

Vicious, don't ruin that by tearing it down to 15 link pieces!!! Each one holds only one round! In NJ statute the term Magazine is singular as in one item! That belt is conglomeration of singular magazines for am M-60! When did you last see an M-60 at your local gun shop for sale?

I know you are kidding here! There is no way that is considered a magazine by NJ Statutes! First of all, "IT" is a grouping of links, each of which is capable of holding only 1 round! Kind of like taping 50 magazines together with duct tape! Each magazine is only capable of holding 15 rounds. "IT" is still a group of 50 legal magazines! Do you want to say a box of links = constructive intent?

Vicious, don't ruin that by tearing it down to 15 link pieces!!! Each one holds only one round! In NJ statute the term Magazine is singular as in one item! That belt is conglomeration of singular magazines for am M-60! When did you last see an M-60 at your local gun shop for sale?

Continiously feeding....if it's over 15 links together it is continuously feeding more than 15 hence the illegal part.

Continiously feeding....if it's over 15 links together it is continuously feeding more than 15 hence the illegal part.

I respectfully disagree, I understand your point and knew it would come up. Feed into what? An M-60? I don't think they would be even close to legal in the PRNJ! So if they had passed the .50 caliber ban without a CC veto,

does that mean my 3 inch cannon ball from 250 years ago would be illegal. I just think we are splitting hairs over what would be prosecutable or not!

I can't imagine the media's reaction to "NJ man gets 10 years for possession of his grandpa's WWII linked, fired, blank, ammo!

I respectfully disagree, I understand your point and knew it would come up. Feed into what? An M-60? I don't think they would be even close to legal in the PRNJ! So if they had passed the .50 caliber ban without a CC veto,

does that mean my 3 inch cannon ball from 250 years ago would be illegal. I just think we are splitting hairs over what would be prosecutable or not!

I can't imagine the media's reaction to "NJ man gets 10 years for possession of his grandpa's WWII linked, fired, blank, ammo!

You can get semi-auto converted belt-fed MGs that are legal in NJ.  I know a couple people who have them that are forum members.  They can't have ammo belts with more than 15 links.

Yup I have been itching to get a semi auto m1919 and in this stupid state you can not have belts longer than 15 rounds. no one can legally have any detachable device that can hold more than 15 rounds and can be fired continuously. does not mater if its a mag or a belt its all the same. sadly I decided to be responsible and pay DR bills instead of buying my dream m1919 

more than 15 links connected together is illegal. Just separate into multiple 15 link sections. 

Yes there are quite a few members in this forum with NJ legal belt fed firearms.

Damn!  I hate this state!!!!  Thanks for the lesson though!