MB24

replace flash hider with ?

Yes, it would. Still needs to be permanent.  If muzzle blast is not your karma, perhaps a linear comp would be another solution, such a Troy Claymore Comp or several others on the market

Warning; I am a newbie so take everything I say with a grain of salt. That being said, I over research everything, to a fault. I was recently looking for a compensator, I'm not looking for your caliber, and I don't know your thread pitch. Here are some of the things I found. First you should check out the video by Jeffrey on the truth about guns. There is no way to argue with a good old even test. Also if you can afford it, grizzly custom gunworks comes highly recommended. In the way of a linear compensator, I've heard good things about Kawvalleypresicion. Also it's worth checking out vais arms inc. he makes a compensator that he claims does not make the report seem louder, and does a good job controlling muzzle rise and recoil. I believe I saw a third party online test confirming this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

On the subject of compensators, I bought a CNC ak74 style brake, and I need it bored out to fit .40 cal. There is only about 1/4" or so of metal that needs to be bored. I called Howell Gunworks and they told me that they can do it for $50. That seems a bit steep for a simple 30 second job. Does anyone know of anyone else that can do it ?

On the subject of compensators, I bought a CNC ak74 style brake, and I need it bored out to fit .40 cal. There is only about 1/4" or so of metal that needs to be bored. I called Howell Gunworks and they told me that they can do it for $50. That seems a bit steep for a simple 30 second job. Does anyone know of anyone else that can do it ?

Don't take this the wrong way but being self employed and in a trade for a living it always amazes me when someone asks me for a price for what they consider a small job and complain about the price. What they may not understand is I have 30 years of experience and have learned, by mistakes , what works and what doesn't and how to do the job right. The tool I need to do the 30 second job might have cost me a few thousand dollars. I have overhead- rent, insurance, utilities , payroll and just the time to discuss the job with the person, set up and clean up all cost me money. Sounds like $50 is a bargain to me.

Don't take this the wrong way but being self employed and in a trade for a living it always amazes me when someone asks me for a price for what they consider a small job and complain about the price. What they may not understand is I have 30 years of experience and have learned, by mistakes , what works and what doesn't and how to do the job right. The tool I need to do the 30 second job might have cost me a few thousand dollars. I have overhead- rent, insurance, utilities , payroll and just the time to discuss the job with the person, set up and clean up all cost me money. Sounds like $50 is a bargain to me.

You are absolutely right. I know this, but still when it actually comes down to my shelling out the cash, I forget. Thanks for reminding me:)

Not to mention, while the actual boring may take 30 seconds.  It needs to be true in the lathe,  you may need to drill it in steps or add cutting fluid, etc.  There's a lot that goes into machining parts beyond speeds and feeds.

$50 for a lifetime of experience and done correctly the first time!? Sounds like a bargain to me!