brucin

NJ gun laws may ruin another persons life.

This guy comes up to help out the citizens of this state and this is how we treat him.

Be sure to sign the petition and write the Governor

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/daniel-zimmerman/nc-disaster-relief-worker-arrested-in-nj-with-a-gun/

Done.

This man and his family need their lives back. What a nightmare.

And where's the equal protection crowd clamoring for justice? Seems when its the second amendment, they don't care.

It's not surprising that people who spent their lives in other states wouldn't have a clue about the ridiculous gun laws in these north east states. And where's the discretion of these LEOs? They completely ignore federal and state laws when it comes to Identity stealing, service stealing, illegal immigrants. So much so that ever Home Depot in this state has bilingual signage.

How about this for an EO?

Whereas NJ sucks, all local and state LEOs shall not arrest or detain any out of state resident who possess a firearm that would otherwise be legal in their home state and when no other crime involving the possessed firearm has occurred.

I know. What about us. Have to start somewhere. It would be easy then to argue the intent of of the law is to allow citizens to carry in NJ so this should apply to NJ residents as well.

Wishful thinking, but a governor who actually had a spine would mKe it happen.

Done.

This man and his family need their lives back. What a nightmare.

And where's the equal protection crowd clamoring for justice? Seems when its the second amendment, they don't care.

It's not surprising that people who spent their lives in other states wouldn't have a clue about the ridiculous gun laws in these north east states. And where's the discretion of these LEOs? They completely ignore federal and state laws when it comes to Identity stealing, service stealing, illegal immigrants. So much so that ever Home Depot in this state has bilingual signage.

How about this for an EO?

Whereas NJ sucks, all local and state LEOs shall not arrest or detain any out of state resident who possess a firearm that would otherwise be legal in their home state and when no other crime involving the possessed firearm has occurred.

I know. What about us. Have to start somewhere. It would be easy then to argue the intent of of the law is to allow citizens to carry in NJ so this should apply to NJ residents as well.

Wishful thinking, but a governor who actually had a spine would mKe it happen.

Your suggested EO couldnt be as:

1. It is contrary to the law in NJ. EOs can direct how to carry out a law but can't make law.

2. It gives a pass to out of state residents and NJ residents stay screwed.

The statutes have to be changed and t b e legislature has to do it.

I don't agree with the tact of helping these people.  Instead we should be welcoming their arrest and conviction and hope for the maximum jail terms with no pardons.  Only then will enough pressure be placed on the Demotards in Trenton to finally change the laws.  I don't want to see a two tier system in New Jermany where our citizens go to jail for a minor mistake while those from out of state get off.  It's time to just end all these stupid illegal laws.

Not this shit again!!!  He needs Christie to step in and Christie needs to direct Hoffman to do something about this issue immediately.  I do have two questions:

1.  What disaster, other than our legislature, occurred in Trenton at the end of June?

2.  Why did they bother to list Turner / Gusciora / Muoio at the end of the article?

I don't agree with the tact of helping these people.  Instead we should be welcoming their arrest and conviction and hope for the maximum jail terms with no pardons.  Only then will enough pressure be placed on the Demotards in Trenton to finally change the laws.  I don't want to see a two tier system in New Jermany where our citizens go to jail for a minor mistake while those from out of state get off.  It's time to just end all these stupid illegal laws.

As you're aware I agree 100% in principle. But I wouldn't like to see the guy in the picture get his life ruined.

Here is my version of the letter:

Dear Governor Christie,

On June 28, 2015, Brian Fletcher traveled from his home in North Carolina to Trenton, New Jersey, to assist with disaster relief efforts.  

Fletcher thought he was being a good guy when he informed a NJ policeman that he had a firearm with him in his truck. Shaneen Allen redux.

You know what happened next.

Please do something to fix our insane, antiquated, spiteful firearm laws. We should be ashamed that acts with no legal consequence whatsoever in the vast majority of states can get someone 10 years in jail in New Jersey. 

Please pardon this man post haste before our state is once again cast by the national media as a laughing stock. And while you're at it do something for the "Brian Fletchers" of our own state.

Sincerely,

Benedict Arnold
Gun Traitor

As you're aware I agree 100% in principle. But I wouldn't like to see the guy in the picture get his life ruined.

Here is my version of the letter:

Dear Governor Christie,

On June 28, 2015, Brian Fletcher traveled from his home in North Carolina to Trenton, New Jersey, to assist with disaster relief efforts.  

Fletcher thought he was being a good guy when he informed a NJ policeman that he had a firearm with him in his truck. Shaneen Allen redux.

You know what happened next.

Please do something to fix our insane, antiquated, spiteful firearm laws. We should be ashamed that acts with no legal consequence whatsoever in the vast majority of states can get someone 10 years in jail in New Jersey. 

Please pardon this man post haste before our state is once again cast by the national media as a laughing stock. And while you're at it do something for the "Brian Fletchers" of our own state.

Sincerely,

Benedict Arnold
Gun Traitor

You are correct that I really don't want to wish bad stuff on any individual (well maybe some gang bangers and Steven the pig Swiney) but I really think it will be necessary for a bunch of out of state people to face long prison terms in New Jermany so that our illegal law makers do something to change these laws.  Until they feel the heat they will not change their evil ways.

What would really be cool is if the NC attorney general made this statement:

"Regardless of how the state of New Jersey decides to proceed with the matter of Brian Fletcher, my office will not cooperate in any way with the extradition of Mr. Fletcher to New Jersey to face trial. North Carolina does not recognize laws that turn innocent individuals into serious felons."

Fat chance.

We all KNOW WHAT NEEDS DONE!

WE NEED TO END JUSTIFIABLE NEED!

WANNA HELP DO THAT?   IF YOU ANSWER YES, GO TO:  www.JustifiableNeed.com  and learn how to help with our billboard project!

Dave

Not entirely true.  Re-define Justifiable Need with an EO so that anyone can get a permit and "boom".

Thats not what he said. Yes, Christie can redefine justifiable need with an EO. Thats only a temporary win as a gun hating chief executive can change it back. The statutes need to be changed for a permanent fix.

"Regardless of how the state of New Jersey decides to proceed with the matter of Brian Fletcher, my office will not cooperate in any way with the extradition of Mr. Fletcher to New Jersey to face trial. North Carolina does not recognize laws that turn innocent individuals into serious felons."

Fat chance.

Can't happen as Articld IV Section 2 of the Constitution requires extradition between states.

Thats not what he said. Yes, Christie can redefine justifiable need with an EO. Thats only a temporary win as a gun hating chief executive can change it back. The statutes need to be changed for a permanent fix.

Can't happen as Articld IV Section 2 of the Constitution requires extradition between states.

There is an Amendment to the Constitution that says "shall not be infringed", if NJ can ignore that, NC can ignore Article 4, Section 2.  If I was the NC AG I would tell NJ to pound sand and now allow any NJ trooper in the state to get him.  NC should protect their citizen from unconstitutional prosecution. 

As much as I hate to see a law abiding innocent person get arrested for something stupid like this in our shithole state, I can't say I feel sorry for him. He should have known to not bring a gun here. There is no excuse for not knowing the gun laws of state you're traveling to.

This! This is what other rational states need to do. Just refuse to extradite him.

This! This is what other rational states need to do. Just refuse to extradite him.

I have no idea of the legality of such an event. I'm fairly certain the PA AG hag did nothing for Shaneen. 

But remember he loses his bail.

There is an Amendment to the Constitution that says "shall not be infringed", if NJ can ignore that, NC can ignore Article 4, Section 2.  If I was the NC AG I would tell NJ to pound sand and now allow any NJ trooper in the state to get him.  NC should protect their citizen from unconstitutional prosecution.

I have no idea of the legality of such an event. I'm fairly certain the PA AG hag did nothing for Shaneen. 

But remember he loses his bail.

Alex, there have been no successful court cases which have ruled NJ gun laws we are talking about are unconstitutional. You can't claim NJ law is unconstitutional when there is no case law that says so. What you are saying does not relieve the AG of NC from the responsibility of extraditing him if he fails to appear. You can't break the law because you feel the law being enforced is unconstitutional.

The US Constitution is very clear on extradition.

If the NC AG were to refuse to extradite 3 things can happen.

First, NJ would still enter a failure to appear warrant in NCIC. He may be safe if he stays in NC the rest of his life. I'll get to the "may" later. Once the warrant is issued its good forever. He could get arrested for it in another state. This would pretty much ruin his life as he would remain a fugitive.

Second, he would lose his bail. If he used a bondsman it would behoove the bondsman to pay a bounty hunter to snatch him out of NC. That or lose $25000. He would most likely be held without bail being he jumped bail already.

Last, the NJ AG can go to the Federal courts show the reason for extradition and NC AG's refusal to comply with the Constitution. The Federal court could order NC to extradite and if they refused send US Marshals to bring the guy back and arrest the NC AG for contempt for failing to meet his obligations under the Constitution. I've never seen this happen as states will always extradite as they want their criminals who flee to be returned to them.

I'm a fan of Constitutional Carry. Being a realist the guy is responsible for knowing the laws of the stafe he is taking his gun to. Little to argue with the info readily available on the internet.

GRIZ... I get what you're saying, but tell that to Obama. He ordered the Border Patrol not to enforce the law. Municipalities deliberately ignore the laws of immigration. SF may be a sanctuary city... But NJ is a sanctuary state. Look behind any restaurant. You will see bikes. Unless they are illegally employing minors... These bike belong to illegals that provide falsified docs ..if they are actually on the books.

So the "law" is conditional. If Gov. McCrory chose to shield this poor guy, he could do it. You think Christie is in a position to force an extradition?

On top of what Newtonian said, what would be even cooler is if the NCSP came to extradite him, there were 2000 people between the SP and him. It would be even cooler if everyone there wore the hat he wears.

Bail Bond..? It could be crowd funded back to him.

None of this would end it, but imagine the moral boost he would get. And imagine the media coverage.

Seems we (gun owners) can't ever pull off something like this.

You are correct that I really don't want to wish bad stuff on any individual (well maybe some gang bangers and Steven the pig Swiney) but I really think it will be necessary for a bunch of out of state people to face long prison terms in New Jermany so that our illegal law makers do something to change these laws. Until they feel the heat they will not change their evil ways.

They'd be forgotten is short order.

How much time did that guy with the 18 round .22 mag spend in jail? The mag he won ..along with the Glenfield Mod 60 it was part of... at a police shooting event.

There are other ways, one over the top example above, of making an impact when these things happen. Problem is, on the gun owner, right political wing, we have jobs for the most part and few if any organizations specializing in agitation. It wouldn't hurt us to steal a page from Saul Alinsky's book. ( he actually does have a book on this )

As much as I hate to see a law abiding innocent person get arrested for something stupid like this in our shithole state, I can't say I feel sorry for him. He should have known to not bring a gun here. There is no excuse for not knowing the gun laws of state you're traveling to.

Yes there is, it's called ignorance. Doesn't hold up in court but it's otherwise a reasonable defense. 

There are literally thousands of federal laws that many of us break unknowingly. Do you know that it's a federal crime to have a fish or plant whose possession is forbidden by U.S. law, native American tribal law, or any foreign law??

Yes there is, it's called ignorance. Doesn't hold up in court but it's otherwise a reasonable defense. 

There are literally thousands of federal laws that many of us break unknowingly. Do you know that it's a federal crime to have a fish or plant whose possession is forbidden by U.S. law, native American tribal law, or any foreign law??

Did you know that in West Virginia, it is illegal to confine wildlife or secure them in an area where they are not able to roam free or come and go as they please?  https://gma.yahoo.com/west-virginia-man-charged-keeping-deer-home-074532459--abc-news-topstories.html

Did you know that in West Virginia, it is illegal to confine wildlife or secure them in an area where they are not able to roam free or come and go as they please?  https://gma.yahoo.com/west-virginia-man-charged-keeping-deer-home-074532459--abc-news-topstories.html

Most people who are likely to keep wildlife as pets know this. Yeah the guy who got snagged for having a pet deer.

If you believe in wildlife management that's a no-brainer. I'm talking about the really stupid stuff that's impossible to understand much less know about.

Most people in NJ, even in this forum, would think "ooh a gun" if they ran into that NC guy. Guns are no big deal in NC. It's not part of the psyche for a law-abiding licensed gun owner in that state to question his right to have a gun in his car or on his person.

.....And out come the Anti- 2nd amendment gun owners of NJ..

Happens everytime...unbeliveable.