brucin

NJ gun laws may ruin another persons life.

As much as I hate to see a law abiding innocent person get arrested for something stupid like this in our shithole state, I can't say I feel sorry for him. He should have known to not bring a gun here. There is no excuse for not knowing the gun laws of state you're traveling to.

You're technically correct that ignorance of the law is no excuse. But since CCW is legal is like 42 states, so it's kind of rational for non-NJ gun owners to think that it's legal in the other 8. Unfortunately us in NJ already know our laws are unconstitutional. Very sad.

Hmmmm.... yeah it seems like he's trying to blame the legislature, but as Hannity pointed out, an EO which clarifies "justifiable need" could work wonders.... :dontknow:

"Hamilton police later explained that the only police, along with a very few others, can legally carry a firearm."

------

And that, folks, is the problem that I have.

"Papers, please."

If he were employed by an armored car service collecting money from a business, he'd be OK. When being prepared to potentially defend himself from personal harm, he becomes a criminal.

Fuck this state.

C.C. lied to Hannity! He asked if there were any executive orders he could give to change things for us! CC stated "not under our current statutes"! Is that not an outright lie???

Can we somehow get word to Hannity that CC lied to his face and challenge him with the facts when CC next appears, which he will????

I'm sure that his staff let him know and I'll bet that he doesn't care.

You think his staff knows NJ law when we, as victims barely understand NJ gun law??? many LEOs here probably know less than we do, since we argue and discuss it here on a daily basis!

If Hannity would confront him or not with the lie is anyone's guess!

That's this one - been up for a couple of days now...

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2015/07/armed_north_carolina_man_in_nj_for_disaster_relief.html#incart_river

The article is good, but some of the comments from the antis make my blood boil.

That's the one I quoted above.... but he says it isn't it.  I do think it's the same family we're talking about, though.

As much as I hate to see a law abiding innocent person get arrested for something stupid like this in our shithole state, I can't say I feel sorry for him. He should have known to not bring a gun here. There is no excuse for not knowing the gun laws of state you're traveling to.

How do you suppose a person from another state learn NJ's gun laws?  State Police have no idea,  Local Police even less.  Police Captain in Bowne's town "I didn't know that".

NJ policy arrest everyone and let the courts sort it out.  Want to know about NJ's law the answer is call a lawyer.

And once again, those are good resources. BUT when you can get arrested and go to jail for not breaking the law, does it really matter? And if you read Nappens book, he considerers loaded mags, a loaded gun. Why is that? That is not the law, but he goes to what is the most easy to get thrown out in a court. So basically one of the most knowledgeable firearms lawyers tells people how to minimize exposure not what is legal. When police/da's don't know the law. It doesn't matter what the law is.

Typical politician dodge the question and blame someone else.

How do you suppose a person from another state learn NJ's gun laws? State Police have no idea, Local Police even less. Police Captain in Bowne's town "I didn't know that".

NJ policy arrest everyone and let the courts sort it out. Want to know about NJ's law the answer is call a lawyer.

It's not rocket science. All you need to do is Google if NJ recognizes out of state permits. I just did it on my phone and it took all of 30 seconds to get an answer. If he woulda done that then he would of known to leave his gun behind. I'll say it again, it sucks what happened to him cause of our bullshit laws. But I'll never feel sorry for people's stupidity.

It's not rocket science. All you need to do is Google if NJ recognizes out of state permits. I just did it on my phone and it took all of 30 seconds to get an answer. If he woulda done that then he would of known to leave his gun behind. I'll say it again, it sucks what happened to him cause of our bullshit laws. But I'll never feel sorry for people's stupidity.

Do you check if your drivers license is valid in another state before going there? 

The point is NO ONE KNOWS NJ's LAWS!!!!!!  Go to the SP website they wont say if something is illegal or not they will say talk to a lawyer.  Chief of police doesn't know that 30 day law exists.  Person gets jailed for legal transport because corrupt judge refuses to tell jury about exemptions.  Man kidnapped and beaten and taken out of state by an outlaw gang, Another corrupt judge says doesn't have justifiable need.  Man applies for CCW permit gets told to change careers.  Yeah NJ laws are easy to understand.  Never mind completely unconstitutional.   the basis for ALL of NJ firearm laws is "All firearms illegal except....".  No conflict with "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" don't you think?

He didn't have a permit as in most of america you don't need permission from the overlords to have loaded firearm in your personal property.

Do you check if your drivers license is valid in another state before going there?

Well, if I intend to drive in that other state for some significant period in time, I might brush up on their motor vehicle and traffic laws (Just to ensure there's nothing really "quirky"), most of which are Googleable...  For example, NJ never emphasized this (when I was taking Driver Ed.), but in FL, when approaching an emergency vehicle parked on the shoulder of a highway, you must either change lanes to get out of its way, or slow down, or both.

The point is NO ONE KNOWS NJ's LAWS!!!!!!

And our point is, "they're very easy to learn...." if one just puts forth an effort and uses those resources I mentioned above...  handgunlaw.us is one of the very best resources and is kept up to date. 

The problem is, no one bothers to put forth that effort. They live in a "free state," and think the laws are the same everywhere, so they don't bother.  They *need* to bother.

I'm reminded of a TV PSA in the 70's about US Citizens doing illegal drugs in Europe... It was narrated by Hal Holbrook. The catch phrase/sound byte being,

"When you're busted for drugs over there, you're in for the hassle of your life..."

Bunch of brainwashed New Jersians. Jesus. Just because Nj is a shithole that totally disrespects your Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, don't assume that the millions of gun owners who grew up with guns in America know that NJ is a communist state and that the Freedoms they've known their whole life don't apply in New Jersikstan.

Many people from across the country have run into trouble in NY & NJ because they don't know what anti-American shitholes they are. They don't realize they've left America when they travel there.

We have a Constitution that is supposed to protect the rights of ALL Americans. As Pete said above, you don't go and check to see if you drivers license, a privilege, is good in DE before you cross the bridge, you shouldn't have to worry about a Constitutionally protected Right.

Bunch of brainwashed New Jersians. Jesus. Just because Nj is a shithole that totally disrespects your Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, don't assume that the millions of gun owners who grew up with guns in America know that NJ is a communist state and that the Freedoms they've known their whole life don't apply in New Jersikstan.

Many people from across the country have run into trouble in NY & NJ because they don't know what anti-American shitholes they are. They don't realize they've left America when they travel there.

And that's my point. They need to learn that before they travel there or any place where they're not familiar with the laws, crappy, unconstitutional, or otherwise.

We have a Constitution that is supposed to protect the rights of ALL Americans. As Pete said above, you don't go and check to see if you drivers license, a privilege, is good in DE before you cross the bridge, you shouldn't have to worry about a Constitutionally protected Right.

No, you shouldn't have to worry about it... but the hard reality is, here and now, it *is* the law, and you need to worry, if you want to avoid the fate/hassle of Shaneen Allen or Brian Fletcher.  Yes, they're bad laws, and yes they need to be changed/abolished. But until they are, they're still in effect and should be learned and understood by anyone that travels to a "non-free" state like NJ.

Well, if I intend to drive in that other state for some significant period in time, I might brush up on their motor vehicle and traffic laws (Just to ensure there's nothing really "quirky"), most of which are Googleable... For example, NJ never emphasized this (when I was taking Driver Ed.), but in FL, when approaching an emergency vehicle parked on the shoulder of a highway, you must either change lanes to get out of its way, or slow down, or both.

Good job proving their point. This has been law in NJ for 6 years. Your Google skills failed to show you that.

Good job proving their point. This has been law in NJ for 6 years. Your Google skills failed to show you that.

Read what I said...   It was *not* the law when I took driver's ed in NJ.  It was not the law the last time I brushed up on NJ driver law.  It already was the law in FL at that point, which is why I checked NJ to compare. Wasn't there yet.. But I started doing it anyway... because it makes sense.