RealFreakinNato

Hex Mags = Wont Chamber

I actually had a similar issue the first time out with my hexmags.  Happened twice, but each time I realized I just hadn't had the mag fully in the well.  Both times I opened the action, dropped the mag and stuck it back in a little firmer, worked fine.  

I also did notice these 15/30 mags *can* actually hold 16 rounds.  That 16th bugger will fit in there, but every time I did cram the 16th in there it wouldn't chamber the first round properly.  

My 15-30 hexmags absolutely cannot hold 16 rounds. They fit 15 and will depress about 1/2-2/3 of a round, which makes them work like mags should in my AR rather than binding up a bit on a full mag insert like every other 15 rounder I have. If it is fitting a 16th, something might be up I'd check for splits in the plastic. For the record, my hexmags are pretty early purchases from the initial availability. If there is anything that concerns me about them, it is the thickness of the polymer and potential durability. 

Mine also work in all of my lowers. Noveske, spikes, stag, etc. The latest pmags do not play nicely with the noveske without modifying the mags. 

I actually had a similar issue the first time out with my hexmags.  Happened twice, but each time I realized I just hadn't had the mag fully in the well.  Both times I opened the action, dropped the mag and stuck it back in a little firmer, worked fine.  

I also did notice these 15/30 mags *can* actually hold 16 rounds.  That 16th bugger will fit in there, but every time I did cram the 16th in there it wouldn't chamber the first round properly.  

This is exactly how I have to treat mine. I have to consciously ensure that mags are fully seated, unlike PMAGs which seat easier IMO.

Hey, I ordered the 5 mags from Wise tactical when they where on sale... I tried them out today and 1 out of the 4 would chamber a round, When i switched the ammo to a pmag it would chamber..... Any one else have this issue?  Life time warranty so im going to email them and see what they say, i was smacking it in there too .. wasnt babying it thats for sure lol  :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

Please contact us and we'll get you squared away.

[email protected]

Stop trying to fit 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag. You guys always try to break your mags for no apparent reason? It's meant to hold 15...or less.

Stop pushing the issue and enjoy the products for crying out loud.

On the other hand, go buy illegal 30rd mags and take the chance if you are that concerned.

"Look pa.....I used a hammer and got more rounds in, nyuk nyuk!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you bought 15 round mags, they are made to hold 15 rounds. Save your receipt from the purchases if you want. As stated, don't jamb an extra round in any mag not designed for it.

:hunter:

From HexMag:

All of our magazines have a slight extra spacing to allow for any rifle to easily chamber the round without failing to feed. If you do load the 16th round in the magazine, you probably had to force it in and this will regularly make the magazine inoperable as the 16th round should not be able to be chambered. We have hired a law firm in the past to work with the DOJ to ensure our magazines were held to the highest assured compliance with the law. We have been informed that our magazine’s riser system is even better compliantly with the laws on restrictions instead of pinning or blocks. If you choose to force the 16th round in the magazine, you are then exceeding the intended use of the magazine and we are not accountable for it. Load 15 rounds into your magazine as intended and it is completely compliant with the law.

I get that. But read what PK90 and what you quoted in Hexmag. Just don't do it. They are sold legally. Pushing the issue will not get you anywhere. So why try.

I get that. But read what PK90 and what you quoted in Hexmag. Just don't do it. They are sold legally. Pushing the issue will not get you anywhere. So why try.

Yeah I got it. Just another day in the life of an NJ gun owner trying to enjoy the sport and navigate successfully through all the rules and regs.  

Ha! You deleted your post. I should have quoted ya. Neener neener!

Lol, I deleted it because of the man not because of you. :)

Figured I'd eliminate a getting a felony charge using a simple google search.  

Lol, I deleted it because of the man not because of you. :)

Figured I'd eliminate a getting a felony charge using a simple google search.

Now yer learning...

Whoa there, fellas.  Didn't know the subject would blow up like that.  :p  I must have gotten two *special* mags, because I certainly did not need to force it in or utilize a blunt instrument for the 16th.  I actually had 30 rounds left in a 50 round box, was loading two mags and after loading the first I realized I had 2 rows of 5 and 1 row of 4 left, prompting me to unload and count the original mag to discover it had fit 16 rounds.  Like I said though, after loading it back with the 16 and using it, the first round flipped up and jammed.   :rtfm:

I will say, though... Every time I go to Cabella's I spend a few moments in the magazine isle pondering bringing home 2 or 3 Pmag 30's....

Where'd you hear that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pat Rogers, Mike Pannone, Vickers etc

Slapping the piss out of a mag on an open bolt can cause a volcano of rounds into your chamber, depending on the condition of your mags. Double feeds, triple feeds, bolt over, etc...

Doing it repeatedly on a closed bolt can damage feed lips.

Yes it's more difficult to push and pull on a closed bolt but it is recommended to download by 2. I know it sucks in jersey but we play the hand we're dealt. YMMV

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Where'd you hear that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pat Rogers, Mike Pannone, Vickers etc

Slapping the piss out of a mag on an open bolt can cause a volcano of rounds into your chamber, depending on the condition of your mags. Double feeds, triple feeds, bolt over, etc...

Doing it repeatedly on a closed bolt can damage feed lips.

Yes it's more difficult to push and pull on a closed bolt but it is recommended to download by 2. I know it sucks in jersey but we play the hand we're dealt. YMMV

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Checko is 100% correct. Don't go slapping mags. It's inefficient and can cause feeding malfunctions like double feeds (or worse - triple, quadruple, volcano) and can exacerbate any malfunction you already have.

If you are doing SPORTS to clear malfunctions you aren't helping by yourself for many reasons and the Slap is one of them. Immediate action should simply be -

Push/pull

Roll the gun so the ejection port is down

Run the charging handle

Assess your threat and process as necessary

On an open or closed bolt reload you should push then pull the mag - push until you feel/hear a click or think it's in. Then pull to ensure it is seated. It is just as fast and is infinitely more reliable and efficient.

Whoa there, fellas.  Didn't know the subject would blow up like that.   :p  I must have gotten two *special* mags, because I certainly did not need to force it in or utilize a blunt instrument for the 16th.  I actually had 30 rounds left in a 50 round box, was loading two mags and after loading the first I realized I had 2 rows of 5 and 1 row of 4 left, prompting me to unload and count the original mag to discover it had fit 16 rounds.  Like I said though, after loading it back with the 16 and using it, the first round flipped up and jammed.   :rtfm:

I will say, though... Every time I go to Cabella's I spend a few moments in the magazine isle pondering bringing home 2 or 3 Pmag 30's....

you better hide those special mags 

just sent another email july 18 ....12:19am

Did they ever get back to you?

Mine wont seat either unless I really jam it in there or give it a smack,,, I'm talking about my Hexmags...