I moved about three months ago and applied for the address change and 3 pistol permits a week after we moved.

I didn't get my drivers license changed yet so my FPID and DL still match. 

What would happen if I bought a new shotgun now and put my old address on the paperwork?

You would be lying on a legal form where you have certified that everything you say wrote is correct.

What do you think would happen?

In most cases, probably nothing.  Personally I would refrain from doing it though as I can wait a few weeks instead of potentially waiting behind iron bars.

I personally would try to get that squared away and all your addresses matching your current residence before documenting anything that might be a problem for you at some point.

Seems like you would be making false statements on an official sworn doc as mentioned above.

Dan and Kevin pretty much covered it.

Of course if you all of a sudden found a fondness for things that use EXPLOSIVES (black powder rifles, pistols, scatterguns), you could just drive to PA and buy them and drive back to your new house, since no paperwork is required............  This way you could still buy STUFF while you're waiting for "my permission to buy STUFF Card", lol!

I'm surprised they didn't take your FID card -- It's no good anyhow -- got the wrong address

What shotgun?? -- Is it a screaming deal?  

Could always get someone to buy it and hold it till your paperwork gets straight -- then just transfer it to you

It would have to be a screaming deal for that though...

I'm surprised they didn't take your FID card -- It's no good anyhow -- got the wrong address

Could always get someone to buy it and hold it till your paperwork gets straight -- then just transfer it to you

Yea, when I applied to Sayreville for change of address, they took my old card and I was cardless until I got my new card.

I haven't read anything where they are entitled to take your current card or that you are obligated to surrender it.  I see that if you move and want a new card with the correct address, you are to apply in 30 days. 

So other than an implication that your card is no longer valid 30 days after you move, it's unclear what other obligations we have as holders of FPID after we change residences. The reapplication is voluntary.  But old card would be invalid and using it after the move could be a crime of some degree.

Lots of folks use an old card to buy pistol ammo in NJ while they visit NJ FFL's after re-applying for the new "Yellow Card" (NJFPID).  That's why I always recommend that you go boating the day prior to applying for the new card..........

The SBI Number doesn't change, neither does your name or fingerprint.  My feeling is this:  just because your house burns to the ground or you're the tragic victim of a flood doesn't mean all of a sudden you lose the right to purchase HG ammo for self-protection.  Slice it however you wanna, this Fudd will always think that way, lol!

Thanks for the responses guys. 

I wouldn't give them my old card even if they asked for it. How would I get to the range without it? The only way I would give them my old one is when they hand me the new one.

Here is what went down. I live in Upper Deerfield TWP and I have to go to the Bridgeton state plice barracks. There is one guy who does the permits and he seems pretty cool. He said nothing about my old card when I gave him the paperwork. How ever when I picked it up I still had a good pistol permit and asked a different officer if I should use it. He took a look around, wispered to me and said "I would, who's going to know?"

Dan and Kevin pretty much covered it.

Of course if you all of a sudden found a fondness for things that use EXPLOSIVES (black powder rifles, pistols, scatterguns), you could just drive to PA and buy them and drive back to your new house, since no paperwork is required............  This way you could still buy STUFF while you're waiting for "my permission to buy STUFF Card", lol!

Do we need the NJ FPID to purchase long guns in PA?

Stoger M3K, no great deals, I'm just tired of waiting and want it for the 2 gun at CJ.

Do we need the NJ FPID to purchase long guns in PA?

Yes, I believe you do.  Last time I was in Cabela's and bought a scattergun (years ago) I needed to produce matching documents for the 4473 and the NJ COE's that Cabela's does.

Although a different scenario and sorry to threadjack, I'm moving I know I can't purchase lowers or handgun ammo without fpid, but wondering can I purchase rifle ammo and parts(upper assemblies, stock, etc) while waiting for the address change.

Although a different scenario and sorry to threadjack, I'm moving I know I can't purchase lowers or handgun ammo without fpid, but wondering can I purchase rifle ammo and parts(upper assemblies, stock, etc) while waiting for the address change.

If you don't need a FPID to purchase an item, then .... You don't need it. So yes... Yes... And yes....