Silence Dogood

FL CCW holder arrested in Jersey City

What makes the story interesting, is that she was arrested getting on the ferry to go to the Statue of LIBERTY  :rtfm:

How much you want to be that Christie pardons her before the debate next Thursday??

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2015/07/florida_woman_charged_with_gun_offense_while_on_el.html

A 52-year-old woman with a permit to carry a handgun in Florida could face up to 10 years in prison after being arrested in Jersey City while attempting to board a ferry to Ellis Island while carrying a gun, authorities said.   Elizabeth J. Griffith, of Daytona Beach, was arrested by U.S. Park Police on July 14 and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm. She is scheduled to appear in Hudson County Superior Court on Aug. 12, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino said today.

The Florida permit to carry a handgun is not valid in New Jersey.

Griffith was cooperative when arrested around 12:30 p.m. at a screening station prior to boarding the ferry, Rubino said, adding that the gun was in a holster. She was issued a summons and released on her own recognizance.

I suspect that the ROR alone may be as a result of the new NJ AG policy toward out-of-state CCW holders.

So even though US Park Police arrested her, she is charged in the jurisdiction of NJ.  That's probably a good thing for her since it falls under Christie's domain.  If there were federal charges, Christie probably couldn't do anything about it.

But then you have to ask..... WTF was she thinking taking her carry weapon onto federal property?  I think at the very least, everyone who carries should know Fed property is a no go.

But even that's ridiculous.  If you are caught attempting to carry where it's prohibited, it should be a fine, not a felony.  There's no other attempt to commit a crime. They talk about how drug dealers shouldn't be in jail.  But people who simple make procedural mistakes should have their life ruined.  Yeah... makes total sense.

So lets hide this in the first amendment lounge so it can't be seen by the public.

Exactly .... But let's have "what's everybody drinking today?" Out in the public area.....hide second amendment issues because "don't want to give people a bad impression of gun owners" but openly discuss alcohol consumption/over consumption by gun owners for all to see ...but that's ok? ... Lol smh

Hopefully she'll get a pretrial intervention from the Hudson County prosecutor

Hudson County? I'm thinking ... not a chance. The seat is in Jersey City. Home of the King of the Antis. They're probably drooling over this and can't wait to see this woman in an orange jump suit.

These piece of $#€£% prosecutors try to have people like this woman hung when all she did was make a simple mistake that caused no harm to no one. While they ignore the massive fraud and identity theft committed by illegals all over this state....to the tune of tens of millions of dollars. And they ignore the illegals who are known felons.

Yet this woman is going to get shafted. Even if Christie pardons her, her record stays. She still has to say she was convicted of a felony if it makes to court.

Time to make some contact with the Hudson County prosecutor to tell him what a scum bag he is if he presses forward with this bullshit case.

These piece of $#€£% prosecutors try to have people like this woman hung when all she did was make a simple mistake that caused no harm to no one. While they ignore the massive fraud and identity theft committed by illegals all over this state....to the tune of tens of millions of dollars. And they ignore the illegals who are known felons.

Yet this woman is going to get shafted. Even if Christie pardons her, her record stays. She still has to say she was convicted of a felony if it makes to court.

Time to make some contact with the Hudson County prosecutor to tell him what a scum bag he is if he presses forward with this bullshit case.

A pardon makes it all go away no matter what stage it's given.  Commuting a sentence only gets you out of jail early and the conviction stays.

WTF was she thinking taking her carry weapon onto federal property? I think at the very least, everyone who carries should know Fed property is a no go.

Not true.

Some federal property is a no-go specifically, but there is no blanket prohibition. National parks are legal as examples. The Statue of Liberty is a National park. There may be a specific federal prohibition on the Statue of Liberty grounds (I do not know), but by default possession of a firearm is legal there if it is legal by the laws of the State in which it is located.

Too many gun owners are quick to criticize their peers over subjects they do not even understand themselves.

Was thinking federal buildings and tourist attractions. Like the Washington Monument. Not so much open land and outdoor parks. That would make most of the western US off limits. Which it isn't. But there are some places, like Mt. Rushmore that you can carry. The Statue prohibits firearms.

So lets hide this in the first amendment lounge so it can't be seen by the public.

Exactly .... But let's have "what's everybody drinking today?" Out in the public area.....hide second amendment issues because "don't want to give people a bad impression of gun owners" but openly discuss alcohol consumption/over consumption by gun owners for all to see ...but that's ok? ... Lol smh

Most everything that is important and meaningful to our cause ends up here!!! Is Bob Viden running this site???

I feel like the site is being run by NJ Democrats.

You do realize this thread was started in here......   No one moved it in here.....

This is not a political thread, so as long as its discussed in adult manner..... I would have no problem moving it to the main section..... 

You do realize this thread was started in here......   No one moved it in here.....

This is not a political thread, so as long as its discussed in adult manner..... I would have no problem moving it to the main section..... 

Fine with me to move it - thanks.  And, hoo boy, I'm no Democrat!!   :codemafia:

All these folks with CCWs from out of state really have to take responsibility to see who has reciprocity. NJ is exceptionally bad but the holders have to take some responsibility on.

CC will pardon all as long as he is a presidential candidate.

Why are political threads sent to the 1A section? not everyone bothers to check the 1A section.

Political discussion should be allowed in the open forum and not moved to the 1A section.

As Troy pointed out, this thread was started here so we can't blame the mods for this one! Troy moved this to current law discussion so in fact it is out in the open for now! As long as we behave!

I think many of us post here are assuming it will end up here anyway! I think the OP's should think first before posting here!

If she drove here from Florida on a Florida drivers license maybe they ought to arrest her for driving in NJ without a NJ drivers license too. Dont understand why US citizens' licenses are not recognized. A car is a huge battering ram arguably more of a danger and a greater responsibility to safely use and more of a threat to others' safety than some puny handgun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Why must he always throw it back on the legislature? He's dodging his E.O. power for the sake of boasting about his E.O. power to pardon.

Why must he always throw it back on the legislature? He's dodging his E.O. power for the sake of boasting about his E.O. power to pardon.

Well, if we can find a campaign event he'll be at in our area, we can shout the question from the crowd. Put it on signs. Harass the crap out of him.