Sig226GuyNJ

Where is the best place to camp in the tri state area?

I would love to do some beach tent camping with my family, however beach tent camping is not available in NJ with the exception of Island Beach State Park. Unfortunately at IBSP, we'd have to actively fish from 00:00-04:00. So I'm looking at other non beach options, such as being able to tent camp near the Delaware River. Anyone know of any places either on the Delaware River or other places? Thanks in advance!

The Worthinton State Park (NJ) - located between PA and NJ

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/worthington.html

That's a nice area. I used to guide my canoeing trips through there every other week. We'd usually sleep on Tocks Island. The hike to Sunfish Pond is nice.

Where are you located? If you are good with the shore and the Delaware River (gag), which are two very different things, then I would assume you would be good with lakes in the Pines. Or northern lakes such as Round Valley, although I haven't been there for a very long time.

Where are you located? If you are good with the shore and the Delaware River (gag), which are two very different things, then I would assume you would be good with lakes in the Pines. Or northern lakes such as Round Valley, although I haven't been there for a very long time.

I've been to Round valley a bunch lately for fishing - it's darn nice.  The water is the cleanest freshwater I've seen around the area.

I'm in Ocean County. I'll look at those suggestions and the others. Thanks guys!

There is a place a lot closer to you called Lake Atsion. I haven't been there for quite awhile so you would have to ask around about it for an update. It's a cedar water lake in the Kirkwood Cohansey watershed. They have campgrounds on the lake and there are very large pike in the lake by NJ standards. Also bass.

After checking for more recent info than I have, you could probably drive there in about 45 minutes and scout around a bit. See if it interests you.

Good luck.