mikelets456

Cherry hill handgun permit and notary.

Why so much pussy footing around this?

Have your reference call the PD and ask them why it has to be notarized?

"I received this reference form, why does it have to be notarized?"

"How about I come in and hand it in person?"

"How about you calling me on the phone like other PDs do?"

"I will do you one better and bring it in face to face"

I mean I'm on board with you guys wanting to stop illegal documents... But so much whiney speculation here. Just do something not whine about it to the 2A guys.

(PS.. I've had a couple to drink)

I get it you're worried that you get to the bottom of the pile... But you will learn more about your case if someone makes an effort instead of just barking.

Time and time again we have learned these extra docs disappear when someone presses them.

I can understand why many would be hesitant  to really challenge their local PD! They feel that if they make waves, the CLEO will retaliate by making them wait even longer!

I feel they can be challenged in a polite and friendly way and the person making the challenge should bring the paperwork to back him or her up! A copy of the NJ Statute would

be a good start.

It seems that Operation Strikeforce is being handled by an outside counsel to ANJRPC. So as others have mentioned, inquiries probably should be directed to [email protected] or (973) 697-9270, and not through general ANJRPC contacts.

I left a message complaining about processing times at my PD back in January. I received a response yesterday from a third-party law firm that they had written my PD and asked permission to use my name (which I granted).

Edit: I'll add that I was content to let my ANJRPC membership expire since it seemed that only NJ2AS was doing anything, but I'm happy to see them doing something.

Pfft. I contacted the ANJRPC regarding New Brunswick requiring additional forms or "releases".... I haven't heard a peep from them.

I just moved to cherry hill n also contacted anjrpc regarding my FID address change.. Didnt hear anything back.. Yes it is true about cherry hill requiring extra paperwork.. Also sent a letter to my wife to sign, notarize to allow me to have firearms at our house..

My wife and I decided to test this when we applied for our FID change of address forms.  We both went in person and yet they wouldn't allow us to sign the spousal consent forms while standing next to each other right at the counter!  We had to walk down the hall to the clerk's office and have her notarize our signatures.  This was proof that it was total BS, to me. 

My wife and I decided to test this when we applied for our FID change of address forms. We both went in person and yet they wouldn't allow us to sign the spousal consent forms while standing next to each other right at the counter! We had to walk down the hall to the clerk's office and have her notarize our signatures. This was proof that it was total BS, to me.

That doesn't really prove its not BS. don't get me wrong, the whole thing is BS, but if it was a form that actually needed a notary, I doubt "we are here to sign it in person" would fly.

Thanks, W2MC!  I emailed ANJRPC about it and immediately heard back.  Apparently this is the first information they received on Cherry Hill!  I guess too many of u assume they already know about it and are working it.  Looks like I have another pro-2A group to join. :)

My wife and I decided to test this when we applied for our FID change of address forms.  We both went in person and yet they wouldn't allow us to sign the spousal consent forms while standing next to each other right at the counter!  We had to walk down the hall to the clerk's office and have her notarize our signatures.  This was proof that it was total BS, to me. 

I believe the founders knew these types of things would happen at some point, hence the strong wording in the 2A and reason for adding this amendment. However, even though it's crystal clear wording, these progressives continue to violate a Right that clearly states should not be violated. These are the very same people that scream from the rooftops when funding for condoms is cut or telling them they need ID to vote, but they'll deny you a given/God guaranteed right to self defense because their "heart" tells them it's wrong. "Just following orders..." Yeah...okay!

I actually believe what the respondent said.  I won't say who sent the email, but trust me - it was someone reputable and it was a personal email, not a form letter.  Based on the wording in the email and the source, I believe that they genuinely have not received any information on Cherry Hill up to this point.  This person seemed very interested in obtaining the information needed to pursue the matter.

ANJRPC knew about Cherry Hill. I submitted a PowerPoint presentation to them about the abuses of the system, by various municipalities, in 2011. Cherry Hill figured prominently in the presentation. Just fell between the cracks.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

That's strange - I filed all my paperwork (change of address/3 permits) with Cherry Hill PD back in February and there was no mention of anything having to be notorized. Of course, I've heard squat from them, so maybe that's something you only find out after you call for status. My original FID and permits were issued by CHPD as well. My references and (sigh) spouse all send their forms back the day they got them (surprisingly 1 or 2 days after I filed the paperwork). The town has changed chiefs a few times lately, so maybe they've made some changes? Also, I applied to the NJSP website for the background check back in December (2015) and gave the confirmation number to the clerk when I dropped off the paperwork.

I did call the head of the firearms unit today for a status and left a voicemail. Waiting for a callback.

It is incumbent on the issuing PD to perform the background investigation. If they can't be satisfied with an signature that isn't notarized, then they can send an officer to the reference for a FTF - or call the reference on the phone.

Somebody please use me as a reference. I'd love to arrange a FTF.

OK, update on this...got a call back (within a 3 hours of leaving a message). Captain of the unit apologized for the delay, said the unit was inundated after the San Bernardino shooting, but he said everything was done/cleared and that I'd have the new FID and permits next week. Considering the horror stories I read hear about delays and additional hoops in other towns, I have to say that 6 weeks wasn't awful (keeping in mind that I applied for the 212A background check two months earlier).

One important note, going back to the OP - NONE OF THE FORMS HAD TO BE NOTORIZED.

• Like 1

OK, update on this...got a call back (within a 3 hours of leaving a message). Captain of the unit apologized for the delay, said the unit was inundated after the San Bernardino shooting, but he said everything was done/cleared and that I'd have the new FID and permits next week. Considering the horror stories I read hear about delays and additional hoops in other towns, I have to say that 6 weeks wasn't awful (keeping in mind that I applied for the 212A background check two months earlier).

One important note, going back to the OP - NONE OF THE FORMS HAD TO BE NOTORIZED.

Thanks, that is "better" news as it was a pain getting a notary for a Constitutionally protected Right...

Been trying to get into contact with the head of the FIU, do you have the extension for his line?

I used to have a Cherokee140 with a 160 HP overhaul. I stopped flying in 2001. However, my son is going to aviation school to be a pilot...I miss it but it was too expensive once my partner passed away.

Sorry to here that, about both flying and of course your partner.

It's continued to get pricey with Av gas situation.  Improved a bit lately, but way more expensive all around than when I first started.

Good luck to your son. Kids have all the fun!

• Like 1