Sign in to follow this  
302w

Worn 1911 Ejector?

My 1911 is an inherited Series '70 that has had a series of gremlins since I got it. 

Long story short, I believe my ejector may be bad (among other things). The extractor is a new Ed Brown unit that seems to have correct tension and isn't bubba'ed with a file. See the pics below. Is this considered worn out? I'm having FTE issues and brass keeps hitting me.

20150812_210214_zpsuj1lnste.jpg

20150812_210137_zpsq2unzymj.jpg

20150812_210152_zps0joktaea.jpg

That may not be overly worn, it might just be the very original Colt ejector profile, before everyone and their mother started using extended ones, with a bit of natural wear,

However there is a good reason a lot o people have to extended ones, the old style tends to hit the brass as low as possible which would explain why it is coming towards you.

"I don't like the ejector at all." Count me in this column as well ejector is in sad shape with what looks like definite peening and from the pictures looks like someone went to town with a file or you have real bad slide contact. You indicated you put in a new EB extractor , the ejectors can be tricky to replace at least for me.I would replace that as well, then tune the extractor and your problem should go away once the ejector is replaced. How do the slide rails themselves look. All said and done I know just enough to bugger up my own guns..... Good luck hope you get it corrected.