Sign in to follow this  
Junior

Colt Lower

FYI "Colt's Competition Series are licensed products of New Colt Holding Corp., and are manufactured under License by BOLD IDEAS TEXAS" as per the Colt Competition website.

Correct. That's not a 'real' Colt lower.

Yea I saw that on the colt competition series website also. My interpretation was "parts by Colt, assembly by Bold Ideas Texas"

Good to know tho. So it's pretty much like every other forged Mil-Spec lower. but with Colt rollmarks....

Yea I saw that on the colt competition series website also. My interpretation was "parts by Colt, assembly by Bold Ideas Texas" Good to know tho. So it's pretty much like every other forged Mil-Spec lower. but with Colt rollmarks....

what is there to assemble in regards to a stripped lower?

Colt lower doesn't mean much without an upper. Except you might get lucky with a shelf to exclude RDIAS, or an older one with different sized pin holes that are not spec.

Not bagging on Colt, I am a fan of their ARs and M16s. I just don't see the point of paying a premium for a lower.

what is there to assemble in regards to a stripped lower?

Colt Competition Series has complete rifles.

http://www.coltcompetitionrifle.com/

On the bottom of the website it reads

"Colt's Competition Series are licensed products of New Colt Holding Corp., and are manufactured under License by BOLD IDEAS TEXAS."

I had figured that statement was regarding the complete rifles. That was what my comment above was referring to...

Colt Competition Series has complete rifles.

http://www.coltcompetitionrifle.com/

On the bottom of the website it reads

"Colt's Competition Series are licensed products of New Colt Holding Corp., and are manufactured under License by BOLD IDEAS TEXAS."

I had figured that statement was regarding the complete rifles. That was what my comment above was referring to...

ah makes sense

They are roll marked differently from standard Colt produced rifles.  Colt Emblem and Competition stamped on left side, marked with name of licensee on right side by the location of the FCG. Serial numbers begin with "CCR" as well.  Easy to see they are not the "genuine" Colt marked lowers, but 20 years from now who knows.