Sign in to follow this  
Ace08066

Anyone looking for a hunting buddy for turkey?

Just thought I'd throw a post out on here since I don't know anyone who actively hunts.  I'm planning to take my *first* hunting trip in the upcoming turkey season and thus far have found nobody to go with.  I intend to purchase a nice shotgun by the time the season is here, but if not I'll be rolling with my bow.

Anyone have a trip planned would like the company of a newbie?

Fall turkey? That's a short season. Two days long i think. Spring is multiple weeks. I usually hunt spring. Week E which is all the Saturdays. I'm more of a bow deer hunter myself. But turkey is fun if you can find them. The success rate for a harvest is really low. September goose is almost here. Way more fun imo.

Fall turkey? That's a short season. Two days long i think. Spring is multiple weeks. I usually hunt spring. Week E which is all the Saturdays. I'm more of a bow deer hunter myself. But turkey is fun if you can find them. The success rate for a harvest is really low. September goose is almost here. Way more fun imo.

I must have read the thing wrong, I was under the impression fall turkey was 3 weeks long.  Eh, that figures...  All I wanna do is kill my own Thanksgiving dinner :p 

But hey, I likes me some goose...  Want some company? 

It's possible, I haven't gotten the new digest yet I heard it came out this week. But it's usually really short and they don't respond to the calls too much in the fall. In the spring they're mating and you can call them in pretty easily.

I just looked at 2014 regs. It's 7 days long, and my area is closed, area 10. Could be different this year though. Cool part about fall is you can take a hen, Jake, or tom. In spring, can only take males. And the hunting hours are full day, instead of half days in early spring.