DirtyDigz

New import of Yugo SKS's $429 ea, $399 ea in crate of 10

I'm guessing the crate would cost around $200 to ship to NJ (flat- pallet rate?).. it's maybe around 420 per person + transfers.

If we're all GFH members we could probably be out the door with $440 / person (GFH $20 transfers)

I'm guessing the crate would cost around $200 to ship to NJ (flat- pallet rate?).. it's maybe around 420 per person + transfers.

If we're all GFH members we could probably be out the door with $440 / person (GFH $20 transfers)

I'm not a member for GFH but I'm moving close by that it might be worth it. What's the cost for transfers if your not a member?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So if we were to do this group buy it looks like we would have 6 or 7 rifles spoken for.

Almost there fellas...  

Although my wife will probably kill me for buying 3 guns in the last 2 months, count me in.

Edit:  It's $470 OTD for me if I buy individually w/o the hand select option.  I just emailed Janet@classicfirearms for a shipping quote so whoever's interested can have a better picture.

I'd rather buy locally or on gun broker. You could at least see what you're getting. Most, if not all of those crates have been ransacked by the importer and employees so you're not getting anything rare or 10/10's. That's the one thing that sucks about crates and group buys - who chooses what person gets which gun? Pull straws or something? Haha.

Recessedfilter, you make a great point...  

SuperSixOne - Shipping for the crate will be less than $150.  The rate from NC to a CA group buy (Calguns) was listed as around $160 so I'm sure it's a good amount lower to jersey.

I'll post the shipping quote whenever Janet replies to my email, but I'm backing out of this group buy.  I'd rather put the money toward another AK in the near future.  

I'd rather buy locally or on gun broker. You could at least see what you're getting. Most, if not all of those crates have been ransacked by the importer and employees so you're not getting anything rare or 10/10's. That's the one thing that sucks about crates and group buys - who chooses what person gets which gun? Pull straws or something? Haha.

I disagree. I saw the original video where they opened 4-5 crates of these guns. Granted they could have staged everything but every gun looked fantastic. The guy in the video said they were probably never issued. I've bought six guns from CF. Every one was of outstanding quality. 

I don't think its really a great deal. I think you can find a Russian for that price, I know I can.

I've seen a couple Russian SKS's on Gun Broker selling for $500 or so lately. I would probably go with a Russian one at $429 for a Yugo.

I disagree. I saw the original video where they opened 4-5 crates of these guns. Granted they could have staged everything but every gun looked fantastic. The guy in the video said they were probably never issued. I've bought six guns from CF. Every one was of outstanding quality. 

I had a Yugo SKS that was refurbished by TRB in Bosnia. I think it came from AIM Surplus, the rifle had a brand new barrel, stock was beautiful not a single scratch/ding, had a new rubber recoil pad...came with cleaning pouch, service book, target from the factory, sling, oil bottle. Paid $329 for it 2 or 3 years ago.

I should have NEVER sold that rifle! I needed the cash but damn it! I should have kept it. Shoved it on Gun Broker and ended up with $480 that was in 2014. Bought myself a few Mosins from Classic that were very nice.

The SKS's keep going up in price, in the 90's they were dirt cheap...look at them today, I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now they start to command $600+ a piece.

Classic is a good company, along with AIM and J&G Sales. Never had a problem, if something comes in poor condition and you pay for the hand-select they WILL make it right. These guys are not fly-by-night.

Yes, the importers will pick over the rifles (who wouldn't!) and I know employees at AIM, J&G and Classic get to pick some nice rifles/pistols for themselves..but you will still end up with a very nice rifle at a fair price. In short, these guys do not sell junk or give people the burn...