Sign in to follow this  
rtquig

5.56 at Dicks

The sale started last Sunday for 420 rounds of 5.56- 55 grain on stripper clips with ammo can for $159.

Yesterday, I was going to Costco in Stafford and called Dicks to see if they had any left. I was told no by a young guy on the phone. This morning after doing some yard work I called Dicks and got the older gentleman I usually talk to. He said they had one box left. He put it behind the counter as I told him I would come down and buy it. He was nice to put it aside for me, we do talk for a few minutes when I go into the store every time.

It was hard to see, but they did still have the Federal 22Lr. for $19.99 and it looked like some kind of CCI in a box with 200 rounds. Couldn't tell for sure which CCI it was and the salesman was busy and I didn't want to hold him up.

The Federal Auto Match (40gr LRN) 325 box for $20 is not a bad deal for decent ammo.

It's not Eley Tenex, but at 6.1c per pop, you guys might want to lay in some stock.

Something tells me we're gonna need it sooner rather than later.

And if you don't think it's an effective caliber, ask Mossad or Bobby Kennedy.

eta:

Sorry - wrong thread. Meant to put this in the Dick's .22LR thread.

I just called the dicks at paramus . They have 420rd boxes but for $209 ....

is that a regular price ? and $160 is "sale" price ?

That's $.38/round,before tax, for M193. Not such a good deal. Bulk M193 ball can be had for $.30/round or less if you shop around. PSA had it for $.29/round recently. Even with shipping factored in it works out for $.31/round.

Save yourself the embarrassment and buy online lol. I've never seen 5.56 priced good in any stores. And I've been to many stores in the area. PSA is great when they run deals. Just put aside some money and order up when the sales come. I won't buy 5.56 unless it's a 1k case for 300 or under. I also started to use wolf gold because its performance is very similar to 193 but its a little cheaper.