Sign in to follow this  
mustang69

1911 Buying Spree

OK, I need to share with people that can appreciate these since no-one at home really cares...

I've been trying to do my part to improve the economy by spending some cash.  My last three handgun purchases (in 65 days)...

post-5531-0-65680100-1440375936_thumb.jpg

On the right is a Sig RCS.  It's a Commander slide on an Officer frame, with the Sig SAS treatment to make carry easier.  Came with a Crimson Trace laser grip and a shoulder holster.

In the middle is a S&W E-series Commander.  Bought it new because I wanted to try a round butt model.  

On the left is a Novak custom on a Colt M1911A1 80-series.  I'm not sure what's been done to it but the trigger, hammer, sights, backstrap, barrel and bushing are different than a Colt, and the slide has the Novak logo.

post-5531-0-05851700-1440376305_thumb.jpg

Called Novak to get some idea of what was done and it turns out they only went to computers about 8 years ago.  Before that it was all hand-written.  If I can figure out what year it was done Novak has a place to start looking through boxes of paper.

The used ones I came across through a roundabout way.Someone heard from someone else about a tractor I had for sale and he came to look at it.  We got to talking and it turned out he had some handguns he wanted to sell.  He made me a couple of offers I couldn't refuse, so as I worked through OGAM and my last set of permits I'm finally the new owner.

Can't wait to get the Novak to the range!

Thanks for listening.  I'm a bit excited about them...

Round butt is the grip?

I think the sirations (spelling?) on the E series with the matching on the grip is sick. Just wish the other side had less roll marks. When I get a 1911 my quest would be for lesser roll marks.

The Sig you describe is not a GSR. That was an early Sig full size 1911 (5"). What you describe is the Sig RCS. The non-custom shop version was called the C3.

Have fun with your new acquisitions.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The Sig you describe is not a GSR. That was an early Sig full size 1911 (5"). What you describe is the Sig RCS. The non-custom shop version was called the C3.

Have fun with your new acquisitions.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob,

You're right.  I keep making that mistake - I guess the alphabet is starting to cause me problems in my old age.  I've updated the post ...

Thanks 

Sig is offering the 22 caliber conversion kit for that .45 for 199.  Reg 299.  I got one.

Thanks.  I already have the Sig/GSG dedicated .22lr 1911...  I can't shoot it worth a damn but my daughter loves it.  Me, I'd have trouble hitting water if I were standing in a boat!

Round butt is the grip?

I think the sirations (spelling?) on the E series with the matching on the grip is sick. Just wish the other side had less roll marks. When I get a 1911 my quest would be for lesser roll marks.

Correct on the grip.  I've heard it called "Round Butt" or "Bobtail".  Maybe they mean different things but I've seen them used interchangeably.  

The scallop cuts on the slide and grip really look nice, and the help with grip.  It's a nice combination IMO.  I also looked at the S&W performance center version.  That one had a nicer trigger but I didn't like the ports in the slide.