Sign in to follow this  
GlastonburyNative

Permit to Burn: Help!

My last permit is about to expire and I'm at a loss on what to get.  At this point it's either make one last purchase, let the permit expire,buy ammo, another AR, or parts for my AR in the event parts will become harder to find in the near future.  I know I might be a bit paranoid about AR parts becoming scarce, but you never know with all the press firearms in general have been receiving.  

I think I have all major groups for me which consist of: 

DA/SA 9mm - Beretta

Striker Fired full sized 9mm

CCW 9mm 

Striker Fired .45 ACP

.22 lr 

I really would not like to add another caliber, so I'm really leaning towards another 9mm as it's the caliber I shoot often.  I was thinking a base CZ 75 Shadow, but it seems redundant with by already having a full sized all metal 9mm.  

9mm revolver?

The CZ75 is a great platform too - you wouldn't be duplicating anything you already have unless you consider it like the Beretta.  Maybe get the Compact?    Or look at the PPQ or VP9.  Not knowing what your striker fired gun is, these two ae great examples of what I consider mid-size with a 4" or4.25" barrel. 

If you'd consider another .45acp try a commander-sized 1911.

Lots of choices.  Never let a permit go to waste!

My vote is for a Sig Sauer...  since you already have a full size beretta da/sa 9mm, I would recommend a P229 with the SRT trigger.

Can't go wrong with a revolver as well.  Forum vendors have the S&W 686 and GP100 in stock

I highly recommend the Beretta PX4 Storm in mid length! It is compact, has a double stack 15 round magazine, DA/SA which I myself much prefer over a striker fire anything!

It fires whatever I feed it and is accurate for a compact pistol. It feels good in the hand for most any shooter as it comes with three replaceable back straps for the grip!

Don't make your decision without at least looking at this as an option!!!