JohnnyB

7th Circuit says 2nd Amendment right applies to illegal aliens!!!

http://journaltimes.com/news/news-state-wi/court-second-amendment-also-covers-those-in-us-illegally/article_855ef023-9c26-507e-abb4-8835a3024b7a.html

The 7th Circuit Federal Court has determined that illegals have have the same RTKBA as citizens do!

It's a shame that the illegals now have more rights than the citizens of the PRNJ!!!

Perhaps this one will go to SCOTUS!!

http://journaltimes.com/news/news-state-wi/court-second-amendment-also-covers-those-in-us-illegally/article_855ef023-9c26-507e-abb4-8835a3024b7a.html

The 7th Circuit Federal Court has determined that illegals have have the same RTKBA as citizens do!

It's a shame that the illegals now have more rights than the citizens of the PRNJ!!!

Illegals can also commit identity theft, welfare fraud, medical insurance fraud, tax evasion.....not to mention a whole list of immigration violations..... and suffer virtually NO consequence. While for even a inadvertent procedural error lands US citizens in jIl for years.

So I'm not surprised at all.

But the panel upheld Meza-Rodriguez's conviction, saying the federal ban on people in the country illegally possessing weapons remains valid. Wood wrote that the right to bear arms isn't unlimited and the government has a strong interest in preventing people who have already broken the law by coming to the country illegally from carrying guns. [\quote]

So not really... Basically the defendant is still guilty, but the rationale used by the original court is incorrect.

Most of the basis for the ruling is sound.

1) The Constitution protects rights that everyone has whether you're here legally or not.

2) Certain constitutional rights can be taken away as the result of committing a crime - in this case entering or staying in the US illegally.

The only open issue for me is: Was he convicted of the crime of being here illegally via some due process?  I'm not okay with taking rights away because you've been charged with a crime.  Without a conviction, you're innocent until proven guilty.

^ are you a full blood Native American?

No. What are you implying? I am in this country LEGALLY. And so are those that went through and are going through the proper process. Somebody who sneaks across the border has broken the law. To me, a major one. They should not have any rights. Shall we let them vote? Get free money from the our government?

It is super extra illegal to posses firearms in the commission of a crime.  Use a gun, go to jail.  The very act of entering our nation illegally is a crime.  They forfeit all 2A rights the moment they step foot on US soil if they are illegal. 

Illegal immigrants are in an inescapable catch 22.  They have a natural right to self defense but loose that right the moment they break the law, which happens to be the moment they arrive.  It's that simple.  The ruling is fatally flawed.

It's kind of like a home invader saying they are protected under 2A because a homeowner may shoot them during the commission of their crime.

Illegals can defend themselves anytime they feel like it. The right to BEAR ARMS is a constitutional right.

Yeah, your point? They don't have freedom of speech? Right to a speedy trial? Are they exempt from the whole cruel and usual stuff?

It is super extra illegal to posses firearms in the commission of a crime.  Use a gun, go to jail.  The very act of entering our nation illegally is a crime.  They forfeit all 2A rights the moment they step foot on US soil if they are illegal. 

That's an interesting point but I counter it this way. Lots of people think that a gun making a crime extra bad is bullshit, do we want to tell the prosecutors we are ok with a this silliness that an object makes something extra worse? Beating someone within a inch of their life with for their wallet is somehow less bad then pistol whipping them?

The other thing is that the crime is crossing the border, right? Well ... breathing the air of 'merica freedom isn't actually a crime, so if they possessed a gun while crossing the border I can see your point, afterwards .. I dunno.

If someone is in MY COUNTRY illegally. They have NO rights.

Really? so .. should we have ICE shoot on sight? Or maybe torture them? No rights you say?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Does that say all men born within a arbitrary set of lines on a map?

Yeah, your point? They don't have freedom of speech? Right to a speedy trial? Are they exempt from the whole cruel and usual stuff?

As stated. No. No. No.

That's an interesting point but I counter it this way. Lots of people think that a gun making a crime extra bad is bullshit, do we want to tell the prosecutors we are ok with a this silliness that an object makes something extra worse? Beating someone within a inch of their life with for their wallet is somehow less bad then pistol whipping them?

The other thing is that the crime is crossing the border, right? Well ... breathing the air of 'merica freedom isn't actually a crime, so if they possessed a gun while crossing the border I can see your point, afterwards .. I dunno.

Really? so .. should we have ICE shoot on sight? Or maybe torture them? No rights you say?

YES, YES, YES, YES

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Which is quoted from where? A document created in this country, for it's legal citizens.

Does that say all men born within a arbitrary set of lines on a map? See the above.

We are all born with natural rights but those rights are not unconditional.  The USA does NOT have open boarders (though one would never know it) and we have Immigration laws.

People who break laws loose some rights.

Should illegals have the right to vote?  Run for president? Work without a proper visa and not have to pay taxes?

Are illegal immigrants granted MORE rights than US citizens?  It sure as hell seems that way.

No. What are you implying? I am in this country LEGALLY. And so are those that went through and are going through the proper process. Somebody who sneaks across the border has broken the law. To me, a major one. They should not have any rights. Shall we let them vote? Get free money from the our government?

I am implying that it's not really YOUR country as you stated because our ancestors entered this country the same way the Spanish migrants are now. So no its not YOUR country it's just the country you live in legally because a piece of paper says so. Its native americans country, thats why thet are called NATIVE americans. I'd bet if you were in their shoes you would be an illegal alien living in the US too. I know if I was raised in the conditions many of them have been I would be looking to get me and my family out any way I could.

I am implying that it's not really YOUR country as you stated because our ancestors entered this country the same way the Spanish migrants are now. So no its not YOUR country it's just the country you live in legally because a piece of paper says so. Its native americans country, thats why thet are called NATIVE americans. I'd bet if you were in their shoes you would be an illegal alien living in the US too. I know if I was raised in the conditions many of them have been I would be looking to get me and my family out any way I could.

I can assure you.  This is my country.  I am not Sicilian, not Welsh, not Irish, not German, not British.  I am an American.  If that's a tough pill for anyone to swallow, tough shit.

We are all born with natural rights but those rights are not unconditional.  The USA does NOT have open boarders (though one would never know it) and we have Immigration laws.

People who break laws loose some rights.

You are getting your issues confused. People lose rights after trials and proven guilty. As a nation we are not willing to make those trials happen, so under what legal framework would someone lose rights?

And PK90 .. I don't know what to say dude. You are not only legally wrong (The only things the US constitution restricts to citizens is voting and running for federal office, read the darn thing maybe), but everything you said is morally wrong and frankly reprehensible.  You might as well back slavery, and personally my opinion of you has plummeted from those comments alone.

I can assure you.  This is my country.  I am not Sicilian, not Welsh, not Irish, not German, not British.  I am an American.  If that's a tough pill for anyone to swallow, tough shit.

so your NATIVE American? if not and you live in the US legally then yes you are an American but it is not your country because your not a native, its just the country you live in. FYI I my heritage is English, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Russian, and German. some of my family immigrated here during the colonial times, the rest during WW1 and WW2. I am an American but not a Native so this is not my country, I just live here legally. Really its not anyone's country, not one person owns the country so anyone who claims that its theirs is just showing how arrogant they really are. sorry if that's a tough pill for you to swallow.   

I'm thinking of swimming across the Delaware on a moonless night....

We dont have any damn 2nd amendment rights anyway.....why not share them with people without citizenship. ..... I dont know what to think any more ????

Actually we do have the right to keep and bear arms in our home or business. We just can't carry a handgun outside of those areas! You may carry a rifle or shotgun in your trunk as long as it's unloaded and

you have a valid NJFPID card! You can do F2F transfers of handguns or long arms which I like!

As much as Jersey sucks when it comes to gun rights, we do have "SOME" 2nd Amendment rights here, not many, but some!!!

That is not to say we should not continue to fight for our R2KBA rights that 47 free states enjoy!!! Just pointing out that we do have limited rights!

Actually we do have the right to keep and bear arms in our home or business. We just can't carry a handgun outside of those areas! You may carry a rifle or shotgun in your trunk as long as it's unloaded and

you have a valid NJFPID card! You can do F2F transfers of handguns or long arms which I like!

As much as Jersey sucks when it comes to gun rights, we do have "SOME" 2nd Amendment rights here, not many, but some!!!

That is not to say we should not continue to fight for our R2KBA rights that 47 free states enjoy!!! Just pointing out that we do have limited rights!

It was a figure if speech dude.....I know and excersize the few they let us have as a privilege rather than a right.....;)

I can assure you. This is my country. I am not Sicilian, not Welsh, not Irish, not German, not British. I am an American. If that's a tough pill for anyone to swallow, tough shit.

I'm part Cherokee, and prolly everything else you mentioned.

This is a tuff one, does the constitution grant rights, or acknowledge they exist as natural rights?

I think the constitution acknowledges that these rights are natural.

Yes, though, shut the border down and send them back.

Vlad, The name of this country is the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.  You may also refer to it as the USA, the US or simply as America.  But dont be a mudak and insult Americans by calling it" 'merica."  Thank you.