Sign in to follow this  
Sig226GuyNJ

CJRPC USPSA 9/13

Registration typically opens a week before the match.

You should pre-register to make things easier for the staff the morning of the match, but showing up you can do too.

as far as mags, it depends on what division you shoot. You're best bet would probably be to shoot Limited Minor and load all 3 of your mags to 15 rounds (+1 in chamber ) 46 rounds. 

Or if you want to shoot production, keep 3 loaded mags on your belt, and start with a full in the gun. ( 10 rounds per mag )

Either which way, you should be able to get it done. 

Registration typically opens a week before the match.

You should pre-register to make things easier for the staff the morning of the match, but showing up you can do too.

as far as mags, it depends on what division you shoot. You're best bet would probably be to shoot Limited Minor and load all 3 of your mags to 15 rounds (+1 in chamber ) 46 rounds. 

Or if you want to shoot production, keep 3 loaded mags on your belt, and start with a full in the gun. ( 10 rounds per mag )

Either which way, you should be able to get it done. 

Thanks for your response alec. Can you explain Limited Minor as opposed to Production? I'm a complete noob to this, although I've been shooting for over a decade.

http://www.rbgc.org/USPSA/USPSAgear.htm

Here is a better explanation then I ever could type out, but in a nut shell ( whatever gun you are using aside, and assuming you are not shooting a 1911 / revolver / red dot gun ) Limited will allow you to load up to 15 rounds in your magazine, Production limit you to 10 rounds in your gun. If you are short on mags or mag pouches, it may be wiser to shoot Limited, even though you will be at a gear disadvantage. 

I also assumed you were shooting minor ( 9 mm gun ) , You very well may shooting a .45 / .40 gun that makes power factor. Minor gun = 125 power factor, Major gun - 165 power factor. You receive higher points per hits on targets for major ammo vs minor.

Bullet velocity x Bullet weight / 1000  = power factor

Vlad will explain the rest.

http://www.rbgc.org/USPSA/USPSAgear.htm

Here is a better explanation then I ever could type out, but in a nut shell ( whatever gun you are using aside, and assuming you are not shooting a 1911 / revolver / red dot gun ) Limited will allow you to load up to 15 rounds in your magazine, Production limit you to 10 rounds in your gun. If you are short on mags or mag pouches, it may be wiser to shoot Limited, even though you will be at a gear disadvantage. 

I also assumed you were shooting minor ( 9 mm gun ) , You very well may shooting a .45 / .40 gun that makes power factor. Minor gun = 125 power factor, Major gun - 165 power factor. You receive higher points per hits on targets for major ammo vs minor.

Bullet velocity x Bullet weight / 1000  = power factor

Vlad will explain the rest.

What is the gear disadvantage if I shoot Limited? Or is that info I can find in that link?

What are you shooting?

Limited division typically consists of heavy metal framed single action guns, shooting major power factor, with larger capacity magazines. This division also allows race type gear on belt, such as race holsters and mag pouches. Gun modifications are also allowed. 

Production division is typically made up of (stock like ) plastic da/sa or striker fired guns, such glocks, m&ps, XDs, and some metal da/sa guns. The Division only allows for shooting minor power factor ( usually 9mm is pretty popular )  The division also has restrictions on what type of holster and mag pouches you can use, and where they are located on your body. Also, production division doesn't really allow modifications to your gun ( though some trigger work and sights are fine ) 

What are you shooting?

Limited division typically consists of heavy metal framed single action guns, shooting major power factor, with larger capacity magazines. This division also allows race type gear on belt, such as race holsters and mag pouches. Gun modifications are also allowed. 

Production division is typically made up of (stock like ) plastic da/sa or striker fired guns, such glocks, m&ps, XDs, and some metal da/sa guns. The Division only allows for shooting minor power factor ( usually 9mm is pretty popular )  The division also has restrictions on what type of holster and mag pouches you can use, and where they are located on your body. Also, production division doesn't really allow modifications to your gun ( though some trigger work and sights are fine ) 

I'd like to shoot my M&P40. It has a very minor trigger job, and I stippled it. It looks like Production will be my best bet, unless they don't allow stippled guns? Or maybe not because it's .40 S&W? Or am I correct in understanding I can still shoot .40 cal in Production, it will just still be scored as minor?

Then you have to shoot in Limited or Limited 10, which is fine...  Since you're shooting .40 you're in Major scoring (Provided your ammo makes power factor), which helps.

Less restrictions on equipment but you'll see more competition... but since you're just starting out, don't worry about it.

Then you have to shoot in Limited or Limited 10, which is fine...  Since you're shooting .40 you're in Major scoring (Provided your ammo makes power factor), which helps.

Less restrictions on equipment but you'll see more competition... but since you're just starting out, don't worry about it.

Cool. Thanks for all the info.

No one is going to give a major poop over the stippling at a local match. My recommendation is to shoot limited anyway because you are probably shooting factory ammo so might as well get the major scoring benefit.  All limited division guns are limited to 15rd in NJ anyway so you won't be at a capacity disadvantage. Heck I shoot an M&P 40 with minor ammo in limited, but I'm strange that way.

No one is going to give a major poop over the stippling at a local match. My recommendation is to shoot limited anyway because you are probably shooting factory ammo so might as well get the major scoring benefit.  All limited division guns are limited to 15rd in NJ anyway so you won't be at a capacity disadvantage. Heck I shoot an M&P 40 with minor ammo in limited, but I'm strange that way.

Cool. Is anyone going to the one is shongum this weekend?