Howard

Difference in laws unbelievable

If you are a legal citizen in New Jersey and get caught carrying a gun without a permit we all know you are in for a world of hurt.  I just heard an interview with the police chief from Milwaukee and he explained that they problem they have there is that illegal possession is just a misdemeanor.  Thugs in the hood are much more afraid of being caught without their legal gun in the hood than being picked up by the Po Po with the same gun.  Unbelievable.

I was born and raised in NJ, moved away for college then lived in Wyoming for 5 yrs and finally moved back to NJ. Stayed another 15 or so years and last August we decided to move over the border to PA. Milwaukee might be a crazy story but what's even more crazier is that we are 15 minutes over the border and it's like we live in a different world as far as gun laws go. The day I got my PA driver's license I went straight from DMV to the sheriff's office. I filled out a form, gave the officer 20 bucks and 15 minutes later I have my carry permit along with a smile and a "have a nice day sir!" It really is unbelievable.

I was born and raised in NJ, moved away for college then lived in Wyoming for 5 yrs and finally moved back to NJ. Stayed another 15 or so years and last August we decided to move over the border to PA. Milwaukee might be a crazy story but what's even more crazier is that we are 15 minutes over the border and it's like we live in a different world as far as gun laws go. The day I got my PA driver's license I went straight from DMV to the sheriff's office. I filled out a form, gave the officer 20 bucks and 15 minutes later I have my carry permit along with a smile and a "have a nice day sir!" It really is unbelievable.

Only in this wonderful state you'd be "up to something" while trying to apply for a permit.

Perhaps anyone stupid enough to live in the People's Republik of NJ is too stupid to carry a gun.  But, when I go to Pennsylania, I haven't noticed a vast enlightenment.  Maybe NJ just has the dumbest politicians.

Perhaps anyone stupid enough to live in the People's Republik of NJ is too stupid to carry a gun.  But, when I go to Pennsylania, I haven't noticed a vast enlightenment.  Maybe NJ just has the dumbest politicians.

No, just the dumbest voters.

If you are a legal citizen in New Jersey and get caught carrying a gun without a permit we all know you are in for a world of hurt. I just heard an interview with the police chief from Milwaukee and he explained that they problem they have there is that illegal possession is just a misdemeanor. Thugs in the hood are much more afraid of being caught without their legal gun in the hood than being picked up by the Po Po with the same gun. Unbelievable.

Not sure what I am missing here. I would think illegal possession of a gun being only a misdemeanor is a bad thing. I think the penalty should be increased to a felony.