Sign in to follow this  
Bubba-NJ

Bi-pod or bags

I prefer bags. I have a couple from Caldwell Shooting supply that I really like.

To me, bi pods on a bench are a pain in the ass. Prone, maybe, but I prefer to shoot off my ruck while in that position.

Wooden benches have a tendency to grab the bi-pod, so making a slight adjustment requires you to lift the rifle and reposition, otherwise you're fighting the tension(for lack of a better term) created when you twist the rifle. Like said above, it's a pain in the ass.

What do you guys and girls prefer for shooting an AR or a 10/22 from a bench while seated? A bi-pod or sand bags? Can't seem to make up my mind as to which to get. Thanks for your opinions.

I prefer a bipod unless I'm shooting something without a rail like my Tavor then have to use a bag

ive used the vanguard porta aim with pretty good results..

41jYAi8HIPL.jpg

Have one of those - works great.  Light and portable, collapses down so it fits in my range bag.

I put a bipod on my Savage Axis - works ok but yes you do have to lift to adjust.