jasong

Question for CJRPC members

I'm a brand new CJRPC member and curious to know what folks do for targets in the pits and on the rifle ranges.  The intro tour was pretty high level and didn't cover a lot of specifics in this respect.

Although I haven't walked out onto the rifle ranges yet it appears there are metal bases in the ground for some type of stand or boards/furring strips.  Anyone here use those, or do you bring your own base/target stands?

Same thing for the pits.  I shot some of the steel plates in a pit yesterday but it also appears there are some type of metal bases in some/all of the pits as well.  Same size/function as whats on the rifle range?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or pointers!

On the website there are plans for making stands if you want paper targets. Also on the rifle ranges they have stand up boards to attach tagets to. Most people I shoot with there eventually get some steels targets to hear the satisfying ring as the bullet impacts.

On the website there are plans for making stands if you want paper targets. Also on the rifle ranges they have stand up boards to attach tagets to. Most people I shoot with there eventually get some steels targets to hear the satisfying ring as the bullet impacts.

Is that on the members only section of the site?

Yes the plans are on the member only section. Just use 1x2 furring strips and some spring clamps and your set. Just make sure the targets are 6 feet high and your shots hit the back berm.

Very cool thanks.

Follow up question.  I've read here that there are spotting scopes available at the club for use by members.  Is that true?  If so where can I find them?

Clay targets are available from the club Thursday nights 6 - 9 under the lights on the shotgun field. $3 per 25 targets. Of course, bring your own shotgun and ammo. Shooting at night is very fun.

Metal cans are good in the pits (NO BEER CANS NO WAY NEVER). Invest is some light duty metal targets for the pits from www.cheaperthandirt.com . There are metal disks on frames in the western end short pits, great for .22 only, don't destroy them with your hand-cannon please.

On the 200 yard line of the right side rifle range, there are wooden frames permanently installed. Use large paper targets and a staple gun. You won't notice them unless you walk or drive out. (MAKE SURE THE SAFETY LIGHTS ARE ON). Buy your own spotting scope, MUST BUY GUN STUFF.