Something Is bothering me about the current state of NJ CCW policy/parameters. If a state like Illinois is forced by US courts (with cities like Chicago that had total handgun bans) to become Shall Issue, how is it possible that NJ can remain Issue only to the connected with out outside intervention seeing this corruption? This is a serious question not meant to prompt welcome to NJ comrade reply's. 

Illinois had a total ban. NJ has Concealed Carry but there is a "justifiable need" criteria that is hard (impossible) to meet. "Justifiable need" is being challenged in the courts right now. Justice comes slowly.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Still PB, I wonder why Illinois was unable to institute NJ-style permit issue. Or even something like New York's wishy-washy permit system with its onerous residency requirements and up-to-the-whoever's discretion as to limited or unlimited carry. Seems like they went from zero to 60 in no seconds which is great, but strange.

I was thinking like Turncoat why 180. And I kinda figured what Diamondd said to be the case. Altho can't see a state legislation going from no issue to shall issue without some type of being give an ultimatum. One would think if they were no issue state and the court ordered a cease on the Chicago ban the best they would put in place would be a NJ type front. I'm wondering what made them go the way they did.

Also as to what I originally asked, How does NJ's blatant corruption of issue to the connected, deny those in genuine need go unaddressed by even civil rights watchdogs? Religion, speech, anything else and they'd be all over it. Discrimination goes beyond race religion and sexual orientation

Because "civil rights watchdogs" pick and choose what issues they want to defend. Some rights are more equal than others so to speak. If it was a gay rights and gun rights issue, like denying gays a CCW permit, the civil rights watchdogs and media would be all over it. Since it is banning a right that most people in NJ are against it seems to be okay to violate our rights.

The banning of CCW because of "justifible need" should be an easy slam dunk for us in court, but it is an issue not taken on by any large civil rights group or the NRA.

Look at how gay marriage is not a "right" and the SCOTUS was all over it. Our 2nd Amendment rights are trampled everyday here in the PRNJ and no civil rights group touches it.

The banning of CCW because of "justifible need" should be an easy slam dunk for us in court, but it is an issue not taken on by any large civil rights group or the NRA.

What would the NRA have to do with it? They've had very little involvement in legislative firearms reform cases. Some, but very little.

The people in Illinois got lucky. The people in Washington DC not so lucky I'm 51 years old. I don't think I will live long enough to see CCW here in NJ.  I think the unions are one reason, active cops and retired cops  make a lot of overtime having the X on armed off duty guards.  Also I think NJ doesn't want to see blacks carrying legal guns in the inner city's.  Our police are not very well trained in handling people who CCW.  There will be A LOT of payouts for mistakes made by police during stops for accidental shootings.   A few years ago on he Garden state Parkway  a black Neptune cop got yanked out of his car V i A the window because a trooper saw a gun.  I'm all for CCW, but in my heart  I know I'll have to move to Florida before I see it. 

The people in Illinois got lucky. The people in Washington DC not so lucky I'm 51 years old. I don't think I will live long enough to see CCW here in NJ.  I think the unions are one reason, active cops and retired cops  make a lot of overtime having the X on armed off duty guards.  Also I think NJ doesn't want to see blacks carrying legal guns in the inner city's.  Our police are not very well trained in handling people who CCW.  There will be A LOT of payouts for mistakes made by police during stops for accidental shootings.   A few years ago on he Garden state Parkway  a black Neptune cop got yanked out of his car V i A the window because a trooper saw a gun.  I'm all for CCW, but in my heart  I know I'll have to move to Florida before I see it. 

You don't have to go that far. You can't leave Jersey without running into it. NY, PA, and Delaware all have it.

If Illinois can pull it off even when the head of police said this.... Im sure NJ could. 

McCarthy is angry that Illinois has joined the other 49 states in the union that have authorized some level of concealed carry. In an recorded interview McCarthy issues a not so thinly-veiled threat that under his leadership, Chicago Police will shoot concealed carriers:

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”