AverageJoe

Meltzer's Closing After 100 Years

I grew up in Garfield so I have been to Meltzer a lot. Bought my brother 's first gun there when graduated the academy. I use to do all my sport, fishing and work clothes shopping there when I lived in Garfield.

Why do people think that prices are negotiable? Do you walk into a Walmart, Target or Safeway and ask to buy their products at a cheaper price?

They must have been doing something right for 100 years selling at "higher prices". Don't like it, shop somewhere else, but somebody has to be the most expensive.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Internet must have killed them. If you don't know what it should sell for, you'd assume the price is normal, no?

Internet sales killed alot of small shops business. ..... its hard to compete when some bigger priced guns are sometimes hundreds less onlne

exactly. Like I said earlier. I bought a few guns there but was never treated great. Kind of like buy you gun and get the F out. Even now everything is discounted and it's still above other stores.

exactly. Like I said earlier. I bought a few guns there but was never treated great. Kind of like buy you gun and get the F out. Even now everything is discounted and it's still above other stores.

That attitude is not what keeps people coming back....

Kislins was having their going out if business sale & even then they were still higher than most shops

Good riddance. Bought my first AR there from very disinterested employees. Spent over a grand on the rifle, bag, a gun cabinet, ammo, etc. and the whole time they were happier to talk to their friends hanging out in the store than me as the newbie customer.

I've been shopping online ever since, and I couldn't be happier. 20-30% discount and the same amount of customer service.

They were never that high. What that tells me from experience, they do not want to do transfers. Nics is one thing. But people have things transfered in then don't pick them up till they get around to it. Sometimes weeks or longer. That is what ruins it for folks. Places like Meltzers, OSA and others don't have to room for long term storage, nor should they have to. They have to insure them and deal with trying to find people to get their guns. Moral is, don't play games and take advantage of an FFL...