Sig226GuyNJ

Possible Carbine Match in Nov?

Well .. you have a lot of time between now and then to buy a shotgun. 

I'll probably design a stage for it again that will involve busting doors in a fairly stylized way. 

I own a shotgun. Just prefer shooting pistols and rifles more. Nothing against a Shotgun match, it's just not for me. I wish you luck though! You guys run some awesome matches.

Double edit: Yes November 5th weekend is scheduled for a Shotgun Action match at OB. Think like the carbine match was, but with shotguns. 

That is awesome! Will be a tough choice if CJ has the man vs man...

a) it isn't me running it

b) lots of people like shotguns

c) the best way to make things happen is to volunteer a lot 

a) My apologies. Forgot this one is at Old Bridge.

b) That surprises me.

c) Unfortunately at this stage in my life, I have very little free time as it is, but do appreciate all the volunteers work.

Volunteering takes many shapes. Design a stage, Show up early to help build a stage, Lick up the timer. You don't have to run the match, just help out a little. If everyone that shoots drew one stage a year we could never hope to shoot them all! 30 additionaminutes at the range in the morning on match day can get the match started earlier and therefore finished earlier.

Volunteering takes many shapes. Design a stage, Show up early to help build a stage, Lick up the timer. You don't have to run the match, just help out a little. If everyone that shoots drew one stage a year we could never hope to shoot them all! 30 additionaminutes at the range in the morning on match day can get the match started earlier and therefore finished earlier.

t

Well, I do stay after to help clean up the stage and I do also input scores into the tablet. However, I don't feel experienced enough to run the timer or design stages. I'd help build stages too, but I have a two year old son at home who demands his daddy-son time in the mornings. I would love to design a stage though. I'd make it a 30+ round count stage.

Why, shotguns are a thinking man's tool.  I used to think they were annoying but I've grown out of that silliness

I don't know. Just never got into shot guns much. I don't think they're annoying or anything like that. It's just not my thing.

Shotguns are for guys that can't aim a pistol slug properly.

I figured you or someone like you would say that. Thing is ... you have 3 types of ammo to worry about, various patterns, various chokes, no-shoots get REALLY interesting, targets are usually smaller, etc.   Of all the 3 guns I find the shotgun to be the one that forces me to think the most about how and where and when I'm going to use it. And planning its reloads is worst the revolver, so you should love it.

All your trolling aside, I used to think that shotguns were no fun, anachronistic relics and we should all dump them. Well, they are still relics, but I've learned to appreciate them a lot more. 

Tell me about you semi-auto system that advanced your retarded moon clips on your belt?

Crap, I'm shocked you are not all over shotguns, given your natural predisposition for monoculars, top hats, and other bits of two century old equipment. 

On a more serious note the lefty/righty thing does kinda suck. 

Crap, I'm shocked you are not all over shotguns, given your natural predisposition for monoculars, top hats, and other bits of two century old equipment. 

I fired an over / under a few times shooting clays. I think I enjoyed it.

grumpy-cat-fun-poster.jpg

t

Well, I do stay after to help clean up the stage and I do also input scores into the tablet. However, I don't feel experienced enough to run the timer or design stages. I'd help build stages too, but I have a two year old son at home who demands his daddy-son time in the mornings. I would love to design a stage though. I'd make it a 30+ round count stage.

I don't know. Just never got into shot guns much. I don't think they're annoying or anything like that. It's just not my thing.

Sig, my comments were aimed in general, not specifically at you or anyone else. Just for the record, anyone that ever designed a stage at one point designed their first stage and I can assure you everyone felt they were too inexperanced to do so. SOme of us really were, but we learned. If you aor anyone else designs a stage the only things we will do to it are make sure it is asfe and witin the rules. We may offer a liitle advice to make it work better if you build in movers.

Home time with the kids is the number one priority, you'll be surprised how fast it will pass.