revenger

Democrats attempting to override veto of gun bill

Sweeny trying to override veto of S2360,     NJ.com has an article about the democrats and some republicans trying to override a bill that was vetoed.  The article goes on to say that local county and state law enforcement would be alerted if someone with a history of mental history asks a judge to expunge their record of psychiatric treatment so they can buy a firearm.  Exactly what would be expunged? 

Can anyone explain just what records of treatment they are talking about.     We have to fill out that consent form when we buy guns which checks for a court ordered commitment to a institution, just what records  are they talking about.   I don't think any other records exist other than a court ordered commitment.  The act of just going to see a doctor is not on any record that is available to them,  If that was the case half of the gun owners in NJ would be prohibited.  Just because a person seeks help from a doctor the only way a record would be created is if the patient expressed a willingness to hurt themselves or others.   I shoot with several people who are currently seeing a shrink once in a while and never answer yes on any form as is their 5th amendment right not to. 

Anybody know the answer to this it just seems a bit odd to me.

Sweeny trying to override veto of S2360,     NJ.com has an article about the democrats and some republicans trying to override a bill that was vetoed.  The article goes on to say that local county and state law enforcement would be alerted if someone with a history of mental history asks a judge to expunge their record of psychiatric treatment so they can buy a firearm.  Exactly what would be expunged? 

Does it matter?  The fact that one had such a record with the county will still be made known to the investigating PD. The SP-066 was changed to add a check box that says "Expunged."  For any PD looking to discourage ownership, I'd venture that would be enough for a "denial," or at least,  more documentation as to the nature of the activity there.  :facepalm:

This looks like an amazingly useless bill, changing the way expungement works in NJ but only as it relates to firearm rights? Typical friggin' Sweeney. He has promised to bring it back often.

The Jennifer Beck of Monmouth and Christopher Connors of Ocean were the only R's to go along with Sweeney, FYI. 

Remember, they hate you, personally, for owning firearms in NJ. This goes for nearly every politician in the state house ( R or D), and all of them in the Democrat Party. This is a fact.

*Nearly*....   The reps in my former district (24th) are strongly pro-2A.  

All he did was try to 'melt' us like we were the Wicked Witches of The West by firing up his sprinklers!

And then he pressured the West Deptford Township Council into abridging everyone's (especially ours) First Amendment rights of Free Speech and Assembly.

All he did was try to 'melt' us like we were the Wicked Witches of The West by firing up his sprinklers!

And then he pressured the West Deptford Township Council into abridging everyone's (especially ours) First Amendment rights of Free Speech and Assembly.

Unless something changes on the Federal level. Sweeney will get even with us for those 2 Sundays on the sidewalk in front of his house!!!

I actually thought the sprinkler thing was funny! The way he ignored Carol's family was just sad!!!