checko

Anyone here use CCW insurance?

Ive been seriously considering picking up ccw based insurance now that I can carry in PA and visit Fla multiple times a year.  

I was wondering if anyone here has it or if anyone has done the research between companies.

Never considered it. What CCW are you carrying in PA with?

I am a member of CCW safe. I carry it with me at all times in FL when im carrying. Obviously I hope I never have to use it

http://ccwsafe.com/

That looks very promisong. Thanks.

Never considered it. What CCW are you carrying in PA with?

I flew down to Dallas and got my Texas CCW. A good portion of that class was dedicated to the legal defense after a shooting. Got me thinking.

That looks very promisong. Thanks.

I flew down to Dallas and got my Texas CCW. A good portion of that class was dedicated to the legal defense after a shooting. Got me thinking.

Ok. Was just wondering because you had mentioned Florida and I see a lot of people who don't know that there FL permit is only good now if your a resident of FL. I wish I had the time to go to TX as I live right on the river between NJ & PA and spend a lot of time in PA and all my permits are now useless in PA.

Ok. Was just wondering because you had mentioned Florida and I see a lot of people who don't know that there FL permit is only good now if your a resident of FL. I wish I had the time to go to TX as I live right on the river between NJ & PA and spend a lot of time in PA and all my permits are now useless in PA.

Just move to the other side and you'll be all good.

That CCW option looks promising, I carry the NRA policy but the bad thing about that is you need any funds up front and you get reimbursed after a successful defense. The other coverage I carry (armed citizens defense)provides bond,attorneys fees and coverage for expert witnesses which can be essential.

Checko depends ,for most unless you have jurisdictional responsibility it pays to be a good witness , now with that being said for me it depends on the circumstances. Active shooter and you do well they will throw a parade. Hit an innocent they will hang you. And this would apply to anyone CCW holder LEO etc.Today's hero can turn in to tomorrow's goat... To answer you're original question prior to retiring I carried insurance, to cover non jurisdictional issues.Be safe.be smart.

You may find this enlightening:

https://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/buyersguide

So Ive been kicking this site around.  I like the idea and can see the benefit of being able to pick my own lawyer vs prepaid legal but i dont like the thought of only being able draw from an unknown pool of money.  Could be 600k this month but if the stars align and they happen to pay out 10 people right before me, I get shafted.  

As an attorney, and this is not an endorsement, I have CCW Safe and the NRA policy. They are different but compliment each other. Personally, if I could only afford one, I would go with the CCW Safe for lots of reasons. 

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, couldn't find a current one.

Anyone have any feedback on these CCW/defense policies. I've been dragging my feet but want to move forward and get one, on the rare chance I'll need to protect the homestead. These policies seem to cover both CCW outside or any use of a gun inside the home.

Some companies I've seen: CCWSafe, CarryGuard by the NRA, Second Call,

Any others, or anyone have input on any of those?

Currently enrolled with US law shield. Their membership services are customer friendly and get the job done. Never had to call for a shooting so I can’t comment there. I went with them since they’d cover me for possessory offenses as well as homicide defense in the case of a shooting or other altercation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro