You only get 2 shots with the Kimber, and it spreads to 10" iirc at 8 feet. I'm not sure how that will work in close. I guess it depends if you're looking for a general defense purpose, or if it's threat specific. Walking the dog and worried about bears? Get a can of bear spray. How about lipstick bodyguard?

http://www.lipstickbodyguard.com/wp/

It has 1/2 oz. Not the max you can carry, but it is NJ legal.

+1 for kimber pepper blaster. I have used it to stop dogs from attacking me on 2 separate occasions. Instantly stopped them. Also deters father in laws from trying to punch you in the face without even having to spray him LOL

I've actually had cops tell me that the kimber is illegal because of the way it shoots out the cs. Crazy i know, but because of that I only keep it at home.

Because cops are right 100% of the time on things.  There's nothing that makes it illegal - it's still regular OC spray...  There's nothing explosive behind it...

I don't disagree with you krdshrk, I actually thought the one guy was screwing with me it sounded so ludicrous. I actually bought it for my wife for when I'm out of town so it doesn't really change much for me. The laws are so stupid here and so easy to get jammed up on I thought I'd toss it out there. We're all adults and everyone can make their own decisions.

A good friend of mine is a cop, he has actually asked me about the hollow point laws etc. So I certainly know that the cops aren't correct even most of the time.

I have deployed the kimber pepper blaster in front of the police twice. both times I was being attacked by dogs, neither time did any cop say anything about it. When my father in law came at me I pulled it on him because he it to old and to unhealthy to make it a fair fight. he called the cops and told them I pulled a gun on him. cops came and questioned me. I showed then the footage from the security cameras (my FIL did not know I installed them) and they could clearly see that it was the pepper blaster from my belt and promptly charged him with filling a false police report LOL. Again the cops never even asked to see if it really was NJ legal.  

If keeping pepper spray in the car, what are the max/min temps is it safe at? I.E. Really hot summer day, really cold winter day.

I keep a can in my work bag. It's been in my trunk when not with me at work for the past 3 years and it's still intact. I'd check with the individual manufacturer though. I also wouldn't leave it in direct sunlight. I kept a thermometer in my car one summer. 120 internal temp, and 160 on the dashboard, so I'd keep it in the console, glove box, or under the seat.

I keep a can in my work bag. It's been in my trunk when not with me at work for the past 3 years and it's still intact. I'd check with the individual manufacturer though. I also wouldn't leave it in direct sunlight. I kept a thermometer in my car one summer. 120 internal temp, and 160 on the dashboard, so I'd keep it in the console, glove box, or under the seat.

The 1/2 oz I have right now in my car is in the map pocket driver side door. I just got it and put it there is why I'm asking. Wifey put hers in a small cut out under her emergency brake in center console.

The 1/2 oz I have right now in my car is in the map pocket driver side door. I just got it and put it there is why I'm asking. Wifey put hers in a small cut out under her emergency brake in center console.

Check on the side of the canister. Mine says do not store above 120 degrees. I haven't had any issues with the Mace Triple Action Spray in the trunk. Don't remember if I ever left it in the center console, although I'm sure I have.

This is new to me. What is the guideline on sprays in jersey?

no more than .75oz per canister

its asking for trouble to keep any thing aerosol in high temps. the pressure can spike in high temp environments. Just carry it with you, that's where it should be anyway.

I agree. I always test them when I get a new one. maybe a half second burst to make sure it works as intended. Not sure if that makes a difference.

its asking for trouble to keep any thing aerosol in high temps. the pressure can spike in high temp environments. Just carry it with you, that's where it should be anyway.

Problem with carrying it with me is I don't need it in my house and I really can't bring it into work...so there's one common place that I can keep it...my car.

Wasp -Stopper, greater range ,even if you miss the face and hit skin or wet the clothes it will burn and irritate the skin,or the product called HALT dog repellant

I keep a can in my bedroom. Its my understanding that using the wasp spray is not premeditated. Also have a can in my car and wifes. Unfortunately its not reasonable to carry in pocket or in wifes case purse.

IMO in a state that makes it illegal to protect ones self you cant be to careful. 

Son of Sam, it's probably not a good to suggest in multiple threads on here for members to use an inferior product in a federally illegal manner. Pepper spray is legal and very affective. See number 2 and 3 below

Why wasp spray should not be used for defense

1. There's no research to suggest wasp spray would stop an attacker.

2. Using a pesticide in a manner other than according to labeled directions is a violation of federal law (the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act).

3. It is illegal (finable offense) for anyone to recommend a use other than the labeled use.

4. Personal liability is likely to be significant for a person who deliberately sprays another person with a pesticide.

5. Pesticides such as wasp spray have not been tested on humans. Direct human toxicity data comes from records of accidental exposures and suicide attempts