revenger

warrantless car searches

What are the actual charges against an officer that violates someones constitutional rights?  Is this just retraining?  The penalty should be as severe as the crime that they are accusing a person of committing.

Someone I know was given office work w/ detective unit for a violation (planting, false report, yada yada)..might vary from dept. to dept.?

funny thing.......if you don't drive in such a way to get stopped, you have nothing to worry about. keep your vehicle maintained, your license reg and insurance current, don't drive like a jackass, and you'll never need to worry.

Just like I said on the previous page, give them no reason to pull you over and you have nothing to worry about,

Of course, if for some reason you are pulled over be polite (but firm) and it can work out in your favor.  Be a dick and it becomes open season.

Pull over so you are angled, shut the car off, illuminate the interior of the car/cab, put keys on dash and keep hands visible. ASK before reaching to get your documents.

Someone I know was given office work w/ detective unit for a violation (planting, false report, yada yada)..might vary from dept. to dept.?

i call bs on that. But punishment can range from desk duty to jail time on official misconduct or civil rights charges. Plus monetary penalties

i call bs on that. But punishment can range from desk duty to jail time on official misconduct or civil rights charges. Plus monetary penalties

Nope, I've known this person too long for them to BS me when it comes to talking shop.

I know it involved a narc offense, he ended up working in detective unit for 6 or so months doing paperwork. After, He was sent back to vehicle patrol ops. and ended up with two or three complaints about civil rights violations from persons he arrested so they shoved him in the office and was stuck doing paper/computer work. You know, the ones that scream "he called me a n***er and beat me!!!" looking for attention/cash payout.

I don't know what dept. you are with buy here in South Jersey local PD's bend the rules and some guys get off easy...SOME....not all.

Some pretty humorous posts. I am converting all my car's lamps to LED. Turn signals, parking, headlamps, brakes, dome, sunvisor, etc. They last longer than the car. Never burn out. Never getting pulled over.

Then I can drive around with drugs on the dashboard, eh?

LOL

Some pretty humorous posts. I am converting all my car's lamps to LED. Turn signals, parking, headlamps, brakes, dome, sunvisor, etc. They last longer than the car. Never burn out. Never getting pulled over.

LOL

led can does and eventually will burn out.

funny thing.......if you don't drive in such a way to get stopped, you have nothing to worry about. keep your vehicle maintained, your license reg and insurance current, don't drive like a jackass, and you'll never need to worry.

I really hope you're being sarcastic because what you're saying is "be perfect and you won't be bothered"....which is irrational and is not the way to look how law enforcement works.. My daughter has been pulled over "by accident" numerous times. Everything is in order, she drives like a saint and yet she gets pulled over. 

It's not a cop's job (in my opinion) to make sure your car is "up to snuff" then make a lame excuse to pull you over if it's not. Are all cops like this---no. Are some---yes, some are. Now you go from being a law abiding citizen to a suspect for doing nothing wrong. BTW, there were 40,000 laws added to the books last year----anything could be found wrong. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? Being pulled over for a brake light then suddenly being searched because a "strange smell" is not freedom and an irrational explanation of law enforcement. 

I have a family member who had that problem.    Most of the cops just wanted her phone number. 

Funny you mentioned that. We went to the Outer Banks but my daughter had to be in work on Wednesday so she left in the AM and we got a phone call with her crying. She was lost and at the red light using her GPS zoomed in to see where she was and The LEO was right there and pulled her over. Keep in mind she was stopped at a red light in DE and simply zoomed in on her dash mounted GPS.. He proceeded to lecture her on what she did wrong, issued her a ticked ($125) then asked for her phone #. She was absolutely freaked out and gave a random work phone number.

I have no idea why he'd do such a thing and it really ticked me off as a father. Anyway, there you have it....

Funny you mentioned that. We went to the Outer Banks but my daughter had to be in work on Wednesday so she left in the AM and we got a phone call with her crying. She was lost and at the red light using her GPS zoomed in to see where she was and The LEO was right there and pulled her over. Keep in mind she was stopped at a red light in DE and simply zoomed in on her dash mounted GPS.. He proceeded to lecture her on what she did wrong, issued her a ticked ($125) then asked for her phone #. She was absolutely freaked out and gave a random work phone number.

I have no idea why he'd do such a thing and it really ticked me off as a father. Anyway, there you have it....

Ah, a driving while young and cute ticket?

LOL

Pack 'em in the body panels...oh wait, never mind.

Seriously, I hate those LED bulbs. Once a year I swap all turn signals / running lights with new bulbs from RockAuto...costs me $8 and 10 minutes.

Ever been pulled over by a cop who's a car guy just to bullshit about cars? I've had it happen a couple times

My father was pulled over on the GSP in his 1974 trans am back in the 70's early in the AM (no traffic), had a 426 hemi bored to around 470-480 with 2 4-barrel carbs and B&M 4-speed and a lot of other work done. Was putting out close to 900 HP without N2O. With the tanks he was getting close to 1,000 HP.

He got up to about 220 MPH still had plenty on pedal left and literally blew past a NJSP trooper, trooper followed him for a mile or two and couldn't even get close. He pulled over and waited for the trooper knowing they would have cars waiting ahead. That trooper was more interested in the car and what was under the hood, my father didn't even get a ticket and no, he didn't have a PBA card.

I would kill to find that car and do whatever to buy it back.

Why the hell would he even think of asking for her number after reaming her out & ticketing her for BS ????

My father was pulled over on the GSP in his 1974 trans am back in the 70's early in the AM (no traffic), had a 426 hemi bored to around 470-480 with 2 4-barrel carbs and B&M 4-speed and a lot of other work done. Was putting out close to 900 HP without N2O. With the tanks he was getting close to 1,000 HP.

He got up to about 220 MPH still had plenty on pedal left and literally blew past a NJSP trooper, trooper followed him for a mile or two and couldn't even get close. He pulled over and waited for the trooper knowing they would have cars waiting ahead. That trooper was more interested in the car and what was under the hood, my father didn't even get a ticket and no, he didn't have a PBA card.

I would kill to find that car and do whatever to buy it back.

Cool cop !

easiest way to avoid this is to not get pulled over. don't drive like a jackass, maintain your vehicle properly, and you should never seen those reds/blues behind ya. unless you forget to renew your drivers license, drive past a maple shade cop with an alpr on his vehicle that is. even then, just be polite, and you shouldn't have any problems......

Except sometimes you do. When the NJ AWB first went in, I got pulled over twice within a month for absolutely no reason, each time by an idiot who attempted to coerce a consent to search by screaming at me, threatening me with arrest, and claiming to be calling in for a warrant.

I continued to refuse consent until they finally gave up and left. After the second incident I scraped off the NRA sticker and was never bothered again.

Apparently, here in New Jerky we have a goodly number of badged up malignant sphincters who believe a pro-RKBA decal constitutes probable cause. Let's hope this recent gutting of the Fourth Amendment doesn't lead to an out of control situation where someone who gets illegally searched goes cop hunting.

Except sometimes you do. When the NJ AWB first went in, I got pulled over twice within a month for absolutely no reason, each time by an idiot who attempted to coerce a consent to search by screaming at me, threatening me with arrest, and claiming to be calling in for a warrant.

I continued to refuse consent until they finally gave up and left. After the second incident I scraped off the NRA sticker and was never bothered again.

Apparently, here in New Jerky we have a goodly number of badged up malignant sphincters who believe a pro-RKBA decal constitutes probable cause. Let's hope this recent gutting of the Fourth Amendment doesn't lead to an out of control situation where someone who gets illegally searched goes cop hunting.

Which is why I never put such bumper stickers for anything on my car.  Never had personalized plates, never a "red" sports car, etc. etc. etc.

You are correct. The example I gave would fit more in exigent circumstances.

BLF is 100% correct. When I worked for a Federal agency I worked in at least a dozen different states with state and local LEOs. I can't think of any state that had more restrictions than NJ.

At least NJ is doing something right.

Which is why I never put such bumper stickers for anything on my car.  Never had personalized plates, never a "red" sports car, etc. etc. etc.

I'm going to put the following bumper stickers on my car:

-"NRA"

-Obama 2012

-Black lives matter

-Glenn Beck

That should really have them scratching their heads.

I'm going to put the following bumper stickers on my car:

-"NRA"

-Obama 2012

-Black lives matter

-Glenn Beck

That should really have them scratching their heads.

if ya REALLY wanna fuck em up, add an obama 2008 sticker, then a Gadsden flag right next to it.

When that school board member near me got caught on video assaulting a cop I knew he was going to jail. My best friend is a detective and he kept saying he won't and he'll get a deal. Well he was right. Probation. So you have a violent repeat offender who assaults a cop on video and he doesn't see jail. It's amazing