n4p226r

Fab defense tactic skin for glock slides

http://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-parts-and-upgrades/id-1363/slide-cover-for-glock-17-19.html

Please tell me that nobody is dumb enough to think this is a good idea. I'm trying to figure it out. I was staring in disbelief when I saw a ton of them in the aisle at Ramsey outdoors yesterday.

http://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-parts-and-upgrades/id-1363/slide-cover-for-glock-17-19.html

Please tell me that nobody is dumb enough to think this is a good idea. I'm trying to figure it out. I was staring in disbelief when I saw a ton of them in the aisle at Ramsey outdoors yesterday.

WOW that is dumb as hell....added bulk & weight & looks cheezy like when people buy those stick on caddilac escallade looking vents at pep boys for their trucks...lol

Devils advocate: Why is it so dumb, assuming it works? Saves people a ton of money on mods. It may not work as intended or stand up to abuse, but I don't think the idea is that bad.

What are the possible pros for this? What mods does it save people fr doing? Adding front serrations to your glock? Hardly seems like a big value add for something that adds weight, bulk, won't work with standard holsters, etc. it seems to me it's a "look" people want. Similar to pretty much 90% of import car mods.

The 25 grams of weight is a deal breaker for you? Do you think cerakoting is stupid? Or changing out to VZ grips on a 1911 or color filling roll marks?

It works with 10 mm or. 45 kydex holsters, adds aggresive serrations to front and rear, relatively cheap, some may say aesthetically pleasing, and isn't a permanent mod.

Again all under the assumption it works as intended.

I'm all for visual mods if they don't decrease reliability or function. I missed the part where they said it fits in larger glock holsters but i still think it's a horrible idea. I'd also imagine anyone at the level of shooting where aggressive front and rear serrations are needed wouldn't be caught dead with this. I saw it in person. It doesn't attach to the gun any more than a generic iPhone case clips on your phone. I'd imaging aggressive one handed manipulation drills could possibly cause issues. Although I doubt it would break as it's pretty thick plastic.

I personally think it's another stupid izzy device and Checko should clearly be ashamed that he bought one :p

I remember someone telling me once, that they use these as a friend/foe indicator in Isreal for plainclothes guys on VIP details. They have a color of the day so to speak and everyone uses the same color skin on their pistol. If something happens and guns come out, anyone not have a gun matching said color is a bad guy. Smart in principal, stupid in execution, but it lets many different people from different units that are essentially strangers support each other safely if necessary.

I personally think it's another stupid izzy device and Checko should clearly be ashamed that he bought one :p

I remember someone telling me once, that they use these as a friend/foe indicator in Isreal for plainclothes guys on VIP details. They have a color of the day so to speak and everyone uses the same color skin on their pistol. If something happens and guns come out, anyone not have a gun matching said color is a bad guy. Smart in principal, stupid in execution, but it lets many different people from different units that are essentially strangers support each other safely if necessary.

. I'd rather buy 10 slides and a cerakote kit.