n4p226r

thoughts on using police trade in/used for self defense

i like the grips on gen 2 blocks.  since they are most likely police trade in, what would you do before you would trust them for carry or self defense.  i bought a spring replacement kit for my gen 2 g17.  so far I've replaced the springs in the slide.  haven't installed the springs in the grip or any trigger parts yet.  the g19, since i'd carry it if i ever get a chance out of state, i was thinking of sending to glock for a tuneup.  

thoughts?

If it's a police gun it is carried often and shot little. Gun probably has less than 3k rounds through it.

If it makes you feel better, change the recoil spring and get new mag springs.

If you want to you can convert it to the LCI extractor with a new LCI extractor, extractor plunger, extractor spring, and spring bearing.

But none of that is likely necessary.

Bring it to the range and blow through 500 rounds of ball and a couple hundred rounds of whatever self defense ammo you prefer. If it doesn't choke, you are set.

If it's a police gun it is carried often and shot little. Gun probably has less than 3k rounds through it.

If it makes you feel better, change the recoil spring and get new mag springs.

If you want to you can convert it to the LCI extractor with a new LCI extractor, extractor plunger, extractor spring, and spring bearing.

But none of that is likely necessary.

Bring it to the range and blow through 500 rounds of ball and a couple hundred rounds of whatever self defense ammo you prefer. If it doesn't choke, you are set.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I have plenty of new magazines so I'll probably use the other one for training only.

I just have to figure out if there is a differences between the gen 2 and gen 3 spring kits

this should make it more interesting.  the 6 part gen 2 upgrade.  i only looked at the slide but it seems that some of the parts were upgraded but the plunger was not.  can't tell if the trigger was upgraded or not.  either way i ordered a bunch of spare parts to have them just in case.