Budasac

And so it begins....

Is the butt pad on that stock what came with it or is it an add on. I have the same stock in rifle length and the pad look to be about half as thick. I would not mind adding a little to the LOP on my stock.

No, the stock came with the pad you have. The rifle stock was too long for what I was going for and the entry stock too short to be comfortable for me, so I opted to add a little length this way. I'll find the part number and let you know.

With the threaded barrel and no brake (compensator) it's a crime. Just giving some friendly advice.

I know, just foolin' around. I can't install the brake until the cap for the handguard gets here. I also need to order a brake.

I was thinking about the Troy Medieval Comp.

Is the butt pad on that stock what came with it or is it an add on. I have the same stock in rifle length and the pad look to be about half as thick. I would not mind adding a little to the LOP on my stock.

No, the stock came with the pad you have. The rifle stock was too long for what I was going for and the entry stock too short to be comfortable for me, so I opted to add a little length this way. I'll find the part number and let you know.

It's an Ace 1" Recoil Pad - item# A999

With the threaded barrel and no brake (compensator) it's a crime. Just giving some friendly advice.

If he takes out the bolt and keeps it in a separate room or something is it alright to have the threaded barrel on a pretty much assembled gun ? I know no one is going in to your house to check your build, and that you can drive yourself up the wall trying to keep all the rules while you build. Just wondering if it's alright if you make it nut possible to fire ?

If he takes out the bolt and keeps it in a separate room or something is it alright to have the threaded barrel on a pretty much assembled gun ? I know no one is going in to your house to check your build, and that you can drive yourself up the wall trying to keep all the rules while you build. Just wondering if it's alright if you make it nut possible to fire ?

If you build an upper, at some point during the build it will be non-compliant. If you have all the parts on hand it may only be non-compliant for an hour, otherwise it's longer. I don't plan on taking it out in public until it's finished . It'll stay locked up till the rest of the parts come in. Should be finished on Sat and at the range next week some time.

No. If you have an upper with a threaded barrel and any complete lower, even if it's on another rifle, it's a crime--for how long has nothing to do with it.

i don't think anyone will break down the door but I think it's important to understand.

No. If you have an upper with a threaded barrel and any complete lower, even if it's on another rifle, it's a crime--for how long has nothing to do with it.

i don't think anyone will break down the door but I think it's important to understand.

Exactly. That's my point. Everybody who builds an upper is breaking the law at some point during the build (unless you don't own any other ARs and have no lower in the house.) It's pretty much unavoidable.

I don't foresee the State Police searching my home before the build is complete so, I'm not too concerned.

Exactly. That's my point. Everybody who builds an upper is breaking the law at some point during the build (unless you don't own any other ARs and have no lower in the house.) It's pretty much unavoidable.

I don't foresee the State Police searching my home before the build is complete so, I'm not too concerned.

Better safe than sorry.  I removed the fire control group from two AR lowers and had a friend sit on them until I made my threaded uppers compliant.  The NJ legal system is absurd and I am not taking ANY chances.  Unfortunately, the only way to protect one's self from NJ's absurd laws is to do something equally as absurd.

Better safe than sorry. I removed the fire control group from two AR lowers and had a friend sit on them until I made my threaded uppers compliant. The NJ legal system is absurd and I am not taking ANY chances. Unfortunately, the only way to protect one's self from NJ's absurd laws is to do something equally as absurd.

Good point. I could throw the BCGs in my neighbors safe for the week until I get the comp installed. That should be good enough.

Better safe than sorry.  I removed the fire control group from two AR lowers and had a friend sit on them until I made my threaded uppers compliant.  The NJ legal system is absurd and I am not taking ANY chances.  Unfortunately, the only way to protect one's self from NJ's absurd laws is to do something equally as absurd.

Better safe than sorry! Better start getting rid of all those 15 round magazines now while they are still worth something! When Sweeney becomes Governor 5 round mags may be the law! Oh, and sell all AR and AK rifles you may have to those in FREE AMERICA before they lose their freedom!!! Then try to sell all other guns you have just in case Hillary gets elected! 

In the end, once disarmed,  we will all fall victim to whatever the powers that be have planned for us! And we will deserve our fate for having willingly given up our Constitutional rights! Welcome to the end of the world as we know it!!!!!!!

"Unfortunately, the only way to protect one's self from NJ's absurd laws is to do something equally as absurd."

Nothing for nothing, but keep posting pictures of illegal rifles on the Internet and you just might get an unwelcome visit.

You have a very cavalier attitude about something very serious in the state you live in. Trying to justify it by saying " anyone who builds an upper is breaking the law at some point" isn't going to impress the prosecutor, judge or jury in new jerkistan. People here are just trying to give you some good advice, but hey, it's your life, your freedom you're putting at stake.

Nothing for nothing, but keep posting pictures of illegal rifles on the Internet and you just might get an unwelcome visit.

You have a very cavalier attitude about something very serious in the state you live in. Trying to justify it by saying " anyone who builds an upper is breaking the law at some point" isn't going to impress the prosecutor, judge or jury in new jerkistan. People here are just trying to give you some good advice, but hey, it's your life, your freedom you're putting at stake.

Not for nothing, maybe you should work on your reading comprehension before you criticise someone for having a "cavalier attitude".

The BCGs are in a neighbors safe. There is no way to make the rifle functional with the parts I have in my possession.

You said you would do that after your earlier posts. Not having the BCG may or may not relieve you of potentially breaking the law. Don't think anyone here can say one way or the other for sure.

Can I have a silencer in my house without the appropriate means to mount it to any of my firearms? Can I have a machine gun in my house without the bolt?

Jesus dude, the point is people were giving you suggestions to keep you from putting yourself in jeopardy and you make statements showing you don't care. You didn't suggest that you'd remove the BCGs until you last post.

Oh, and thanks, my reading comprehension is fine. If you got arrested because you were stupid enough to post pictures of illegal activity on a public forum stating you're not worried about it, I guess the rest of us shouldn't care about it either.

Remember what Shawn went trough for posting a picture of his son holding a .22 AR on Facebook. A visit from the police.

You can bet they'd probably have a warrant to look in your safe when they showed up as the pictures of a threaded barrel on a complete rifle, as in you picture, is enough to get you a few years in jail.

Do what you wish.

You said you would do that after your earlier posts. Not having the BCG may or may not relieve you of potentially breaking the law. Don't think anyone here can say one way or the other for sure.Can I have a silencer in my house without the appropriate means to mount it to any of my firearms? Can I have a machine gun in my house without the bolt?Jesus dude, the point is people were giving you suggestions to keep you from putting yourself in jeopardy and you make statements showing you don't care. You didn't suggest that you'd remove the BCGs until you last post.Oh, and thanks, my reading comprehension is fine. If you got arrested because you were stupid enough to post pictures of illegal activity on a public forum stating you're not worried about it, I guess the rest of us shouldn't care about it either.Remember what Shawn went trough for posting a picture of his son holding a .22 AR on Facebook. A visit from the police.You can bet they'd probably have a warrant to look in your safe when they showed up as the pictures of a threaded barrel on a complete rifle, as in you picture, is enough to get you a few years in jail.Do what you wish.
Actually, Scorpio made the same comment in a very friendly way and I graciously headed his advice. Either way, I didn't see any attitude, cavalier or otherwise, until your post. The rifle is not complete, I don't have parts in my possession to make it complete. And, if any one is reading this forum, my intent is clear.

Better safe than sorry. I removed the fire control group from two AR lowers and had a friend sit on them until I made my threaded uppers compliant. The NJ legal system is absurd and I am not taking ANY chances. Unfortunately, the only way to protect one's self from NJ's absurd laws is to do something equally as absurd.

Good point. I could throw the BCGs in my neighbors safe for the week until I get the comp installed. That should be good enough.

Nothing for nothing, but keep posting pictures of illegal rifles on the Internet and you just might get an unwelcome visit..

This is what I was intimating. Posting the pictures of what, according to NJ, is an assault rifle.

The rifle is not complete, I don't have parts in my possession to make it complete. And, if any one is reading this forum, my intent is clear.

Those are irrelevant facts. The rifle is the lower receiver. The prosecutor won't give a crap if you are missing parts nor of your intent. You live in NJ, you are dealing with firearms at your own peril. 

Those are irrelevant facts. The rifle is the lower receiver. The prosecutor won't give a crap if you are missing parts nor of your intent. You live in NJ, you are dealing with firearms at your own peril.

Everything relating to guns in NJ is at your own peril. Most officers don't even know how to interpret the laws. So what exactly is the written law?

I thought removing the BCGs from my possession would be enough to make them legit since there is no way to make a functional rifle.

The issue is pretty much moot anyway as the comp will be there today and should be installed tonight.

I am curious for future reference though. I'm sure I'll be building more and it's just as easy to throw the lowers in my neighbors safe if need be.