gunnarsport

Looking for my FIRST striker fired 9mm....

PD2K,

Yes, if I did decide on a Glock, the G19 would be the ideal choice. But as I stated earlier in my post, the G19's grip is just a bit to short where my pinkie finger falls off. I DO NOT like that feeling at all. The G17 fits PERFECTLY. Unfortunately, the G17 is not available with the 15 round magazine.

I realize now that I WILL NOT find the perfect pistol, there will give and take to practically every model.

So it will be either the S&W M&P 9mm full size or the Glock 17. I need to handle them both side by side at the gun shop. I really like the S&W Range and Carry Kit for the M&P though.

Why did you rule out th ppq? I suggest you try it side by side so you feel the trigger first. You're welcome to try mine.

Just shoot some guns. At the end of the day they all work, they all have quirks, and they can all be made even better with after-market support. 

Guns need to fit you, so hold and if you can shoot all of them, then make a decision. 

Also, you are buying a $500 plastic gun, not a lifetime heirloom. You can always buy another one later if your taste change.  

Vlad G,

half plastic you mean.

Checko,

I just cant get past the hideous, busy look of BOTH the PPQ and the VP9. The M&P and Glock 17 just look more streamlined and tradtional, at least to my eyes, sorry. The PPQ, especially, just looks toyish and VERY

plasticy looking.

PD2K,

Yes, if I did decide on a Glock, the G19 would be the ideal choice. But as I stated earlier in my post, the G19's grip is just a bit to short where my pinkie finger falls off. I DO NOT like that feeling at all. The G17 fits PERFECTLY. Unfortunately, the G17 is not available with the 15 round magazine.

I realize now that I WILL NOT find the perfect pistol, there will give and take to practically every model.

RTSP sells the Glock 17 G4 with the altered 15rd mags at no extra charge.

I much prefer the grip of the 17 over the 19 myself. And the trigger does not need any upgrading.

I love my M&P9.  I installed the APEX FSS trigger kit and 10-8 sights and it absolutely transformed the gun.  Hands down, my favorite pistol.

I have shot the VP9 a few times and it is an awesome gun to be sure.  I just wish I could get an Apex style trigger in the VP9.  That would truly be awesome! 

PD2K,

Sorry didn't see your earlier post re: Glock 19.

However re: Glock 17, getting a pinned magazine is your only option :(

I also love my M&P 9 Pro. It started with a RAM, then the FSS, then a comp and barrel, then had the slide cut/lightened and a Trijicon RMR melted into the back. Next a magwell and gas pedal. I think that's it, totally awesomeness! So now it's my open pistol, with factory 15 round mags.

(Oh, my g26 is nice also, with factory g19 15round mags)

Stippling is a process by which you add texture to a gun. On plastic framed guns, that is done with the equivalent of a hot soldering iron.

There is nothing wrong with G17 or ANY of the guns discussed in this thread, people have preferences. Mine excludes the G17 because I don't like the Glock grip angle, although oddly I tolerate it on a G19.

My personal choice remains the M&P but you would be well served by any of the options. After a while you will learn what you like or what you dislike about your choice, and possibly replace it.

Ok,

Well, im in Mercer County and would love to find a range or even a club that is more familly oriented, VERY professional and fun and NOT intimitating and gangster like.

Check out CRRC in Princeton Junction.   I was very happy with the club when I lived in Mercer County.  I'd still be a member if I hadn't moved out of the area.

I took the NRA Basic Pistol course at CRRC in Princeton Junction 4 years ago. I was NOT impressed with the facility, very old, and run down and NOT modern at all. Looked like I stepped back into the 70s or 80s.

I wonder if Mercer Co. will EVER have a range like RTSP?

I would definitely go with the Glock 17, as long as you do not mind the 10 round mags in this miserable state of NJ! My 2nd choice would be an S&W M&P 9 mm. I believe that you can get 15 round mags for it. I really like my S&W M&P 40 Pro. 3rd choice would be the VP 9 H&K.