High Exposure

USSOCOM Issues Safety of Use Message for EOTech

Well ... perhaps, yet I see people making those shots all the time with irons and red dots, so you may want it, but you don't need it. 

I'm not sure that matters to the eotech discussion, if you are saying that the reticle as subtentions for longer ranges and an aimpoint does not, you are correct. If you are saying no 1x optic be the eotech has them, then that would be incorrect. Also didn't you just say you need for close range, what does have to do with longer ranges now/

7AA432B5-56B4-4D87-9C0C-83BA3C6B007B_zps

^^^ everything Shawn has said in this thread so far.

I can't believe that the NRA lets you teach people.... :facepalm:

Regardless of EOTech, irons, Aimpoint, or ACOG, your lack of understanding of basic marksmanship principles and how to use them in the real world is astounding.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It kinda bugs me when a conversation of durability comes up and people chime in saying "works perfect for me" without any mention of how much use/abuse they put the gear through. I'm am Aimpoint guy, but I can't comment on its durability when I have never done anything but pamper it.

Everything works until it doesn't. The question is at what point do things stop working and how well do they perform along the way. Clearly, EOtechs are having a hard time justifying their gear as world class, which isn't really all that surprising to me. Do they have their pros? Sure. So does taping a toilet paper roll to the top of the gun.

Lastly thank you Shawn for the good laugh. I almost cried.

Honestly since i switched over from eotech to aimpoint. Ill never go back. Its like going from a nikon 223 to a trijicon. If youve used both you know what im talking about. Using the aimpoint i got first and second in pi division in the the last three gun in the distance shoot stages. I give the credit to the aimpoint. F those penalties. We dont get along well.

I replace my batteries every 6 months. They have never died or even became low. I have storage in my grip with 2 batteries and the magpul str stock with batteries hidden. Those cr123 batteries hold strong

Mine took tears to die but replacement every 6 mos or so will keep you good to go

Holly shit, you really can't tell the difference between advertising and reality? Well ... I guess good luck to you L3 must love you.

Oh also NOx is actually really bad shit, if you are so unaware of why that is bad and why you should care, your opinion can't really be taken seriously.

I mean sure, there was no great danger of that happening anyway, but still ...

All I see is a bunch of aimpoint fan boys up on a soap box.

You are seriously deluded.  This isn't about aimpoint, it is about Eotech admitting they've been lying to people. Can you get this through your head, Eotech just changed what they have been claiming for decades, basically admitting that their previous statements were false.

This comes to no surprise to lots of people who have kept on seeing them fail, and so far your counter argument has been your hasn't when by your own admission you have treated yours with utmost care and never really pushed it.  Your chief argument is that lots of people also bought L3's bullshit, just like lots of people bought VW's bullshit, or the bullshit of any other company that has lied to to its customers. I guess you don't want to believe you've been lied to, even when the liars tell you they lied.

Okie then, go hug your gun sight like some form of religious relic that will keep you safe when someone breaks into your house.

Yeah it sucks for people shooting in extreme Conditions. That's not me. I'm sure they'll fix the issue and move on.

Ford vs Chevy

Ar vs ak

Its the same argument over and over.

If they offer a fix I'll do it. If not my sight is still working fine.

Yeah it sucks for people shooting in extreme Conditions. That's not me. I'm sure they'll fix the issue and move on.

Ford vs Chevy

Ar vs ak

Its the same argument over and over.

If they offer a fix I'll do it. If not my sight is still working fine.

gallery_5596_85_10428.jpg

144F is NOT extreme, it is "leave your black gun in the summer sun for one hour" type of temperature. It is leave your gun in the trunk in the summer temperature.  The fact that they promised it is parallax free and it isn't is not something that only breaks in extreme temps, it is broken all the time and it was one of its biggest selling points. None of these things are fixable.

I don't understand why you aren't more pissed, you were sold a bill of goods, and there is no way they will fix it, or even can fix it.

Your sight is working as fine as $150 chinese red dot. Mind you, those are getting pretty good, some of them are probably better then your sight now, so if they sold it for $200 and didn't lie about its specs I'd care less about the issue.