gunnarsport

Range rules on loaded magazines

Do all NJ and PA ranges have a limit you can load a magazine to shoot? For instance, I believe, but I am not certain, that CRRC in West Windsor only allow 8 rounds

load in a magazine to shoot. I am not sure though, I took the NRA Basic Pistol course there and I seem to recall something about that.

So do all ranges have restrictions like this?

I wouldnt join any range putting limits on how many rounds you can put in your magazine. What-- you can only put eight rounds in your ten round 22 revolver. Actually i heard its 5 rounds at crrc. I cant verify that. But thats what ive been told.

I have heard of ranges that limit what you can put in your magazine (PA state game land public ranges) but I think this is done to help facilitate target changes. The limit is 3 in a long gun and 6 in a pistol or revolver but I have seen people completely disregard the rules.

I've never heard of this?

I have been noting over the years that certain information that was given to me as "gospel" at my orientation hasn't turned out to be written in the good book. This could very well be one of those instances.

Yes CRRC does have a 5 round per magazine rule. Just bring more magazines to make up for it.

Or don't go to that range until they change the rule...

Sorry, but if I'm not acting recklessly and putting others in danger, don't tell me how many rounds I can put in my magazines. Whoever brings extra 15 round magazines to load more with 5 each really should ask why. Like go in and talk to the R/O, and then ask to speak to someone that runs the show.

Or don't go to that range until they change the rule...Sorry, but if I'm not acting recklessly and putting others in danger, don't tell me how many rounds I can put in my magazines. Whoever brings extra 15 round magazines to load more with 5 each really should ask why. Like go in and talk to the R/O, and then ask to speak to someone that runs the show.

I agree 200 %

Is the club ran by Sweeney :p

It's everyone's choice where they go. As long as they know the rules before they make the choice to join. I thought it was a stupid rule initially but then hey I'm saving a lot of money by reloading every 5 rounds. It doesn't bother me anymore and the club is a great place to shoot. Lots of good people there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do all NJ and PA ranges have a limit you can load a magazine to shoot? For instance, I believe, but I am not certain, that CRRC in West Windsor only allow 8 rounds

load in a magazine to shoot. I am not sure though, I took the NRA Basic Pistol course there and I seem to recall something about that.

So do all ranges have restrictions like this?

You're only asking this question because you haven't joined Old Bridge......YET!  LOL!

Wanna do a CONTROLLED function-fire 16 round MAG DUMP into a berm and get it outta yer system?  GO AHEAD, just don't be a douche nozzle and 1.  not warn yer neighbors and 2.  chew-up the target frames.    And don't forget we Old Farts don't wanna be stuck sweepin'-up yer steel casings you leave strewn-about.  So pick-up after yerself (please).

Where's the STAPLES button, cause that was EASY!

I used to work right around the corner from CRRC and thought about joining until I saw that arbitrary 5-round limit. Why 5 and not 7 or 2? I know quite a few West Windsor residents and (no offense to anyone here), they're all kinda anal, so I'll take a pass on a place that institutes such a silly rule. Yesterday, I went to the range with 3 15rd magazines for my FNX-45T and shot 45 rounds without reloading as I sighted in the RMR. To do that at CRRC, I would have had to have had 6 more magazines (at a cost of nearly $300) or broken my concentration repeatedly for no apparent reason. 

Most ranges will have rules against rapid/uncontrolled fire and state that firearms must be NJ legal. A few won't let you draw from a holster. 

The range I go to in Falls Township, PA has the 5 shot "rule" which only 5 shots can be fired in succession. They do not allow rapid fire. I dont like it, but I think it is one of the old-timers (current President's) rules.

What does somebody stand at the firing line with a clicker?? Lol.

There are a LOT of clubs in the greater Lehigh Valley. Probably more than 50. Gun owners may live near one and not even know it exists. There are probably 2 clubs in every borough and 5 clubs in every township. And many of them do not advertise. Rules are all over the map. From slow fire only to full auto. Never heard of mag limits.

The state gameland ranges do indeed have 3 and 6 mag limits. They were intended for hunters to sight in their weapons and train up before hunting. Somebody came up with rules similar to hunting scenarios to keep the rif raf out. I would say they need to dump those rules, but quite honestly, people abuse those ranges and blast all the equipment on a routine basis. There are plenty of places to shoot, they should probably stick with their purpose.