Sign in to follow this  
DanMarvel

Anti-Gun propaganda attempt on social media

It's all bravo sierra. Social media is a tool for those who choose to remain in the shadows, unwilling to face the world and stand for their beliefs. I find it the most vile and disgusting excuse for social interaction today. It is nothing more than a manipulative tool for those smart enough to recognize it for the control it exercises over the general population. A way to keep the sheeple in line. There is a reason for the old saying,"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see". Ben Franklin.

It's all bravo sierra. Social media is a tool for those who choose to remain in the shadows, unwilling to face the world and stand for their beliefs.

I don't entirely agree.  Social media can be used to further your cause du jour.  When your cause du jour is ours, are we not facing the world and standing for our beliefs? 

IMO, we must take lessons from our enemies (ie Saul Alinski, Rules for Radicals, etc) and reframe the dialog, massage the message, control the conversation and redefine words.  We can do this as easily as the other side does it, in general though we find this unpalatable, and we are untrained in reframing this type of message effectively.

For instance, someone put out there that "I am one of the 92% of people that supports "universal background checks".  One appropriate reaction to this is to reframe it as follows:  "I am one of the 92% of Americans that actually has gone through a background check to own a gun.  I am a certified good guy.  Are you??"  Turn their meme on its head, f with their world, show them that we are capable of co-opting the conversation as easily (and in many cases more effectively) than they are.

People read shit (literally SHIT) on the internet and they believe it to be true.  It's like a quote I saw "Half of what you see on the internet isn't true, the other half is lies." -Abe Lincoln.  So, in a world of utter crap floating around, how do you get the truth to rise to the top?  Unfortunately a small quiet voice hiding in the back of the room doesn't make it.  This world does not hear 1 Kings 19:11-12...  It only hears that which is shouted louder, broadcast more often, and put in their face.

Pointing out the elephant in the room but maybe he, based on what appears to be a clear family history of mental illness/extreme depression, has undiagnosed mental health issues himself which would possibly make him a prohibited person if treated .....and just did himself and possibly others a favor by cutting up his crappy ruger lol

It's all bravo sierra. Social media is a tool for those who choose to remain in the shadows, unwilling to face the world and stand for their beliefs. I find it the most vile and disgusting excuse for social interaction today. It is nothing more than a manipulative tool for those smart enough to recognize it for the control it exercises over the general population. A way to keep the sheeple in line. There is a reason for the old saying,"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see". Ben Franklin.

Social media is very powerful...please do not discount it. Pretty much everyone under 45 years old is on it. Hell it got Obama elected. The problem is our side is not very social media savvy, and IMHO that will be our ultimate demise.

Social media is very powerful...please do not discount it. Pretty much everyone under 45 years old is on it. Hell it got Obama elected. The problem is our side is not very social media savvy, and IMHO that will be our ultimate demise.

Absolutely!  And it's the one place where we can reach all the sheeples, unlike the liberal MSM which continues to censor us. We need to take every advantage of it. If we don't, it's on us!

Absolutely!  And it's the one place where we can reach all the sheeples, unlike the liberal MSM which continues to censor us. We need to take every advantage of it. If we don't, it's on us!

I agree..sometimes I think we should fight fire with fire.

https://www.facebook.com/SRNChris/posts/1785742874986143