nitrospaz9

Building an AR

Check out

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/firearms/diy-ar-15-build-introduction-parts-and-tools-required/

Helped me a ton when I built mine.

Also, while I totally agree with you building, especially if you already have some experience, you can pick up M&P-15 Sports for 550-650 if you look around.

It depends on how adventurous you are.  If you are not and looking for a starter, just buy a complete lower from PSA for $129.99 with free shipping to you favorite FFL.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/14434/category/4282/

They also have complete uppers with the BCG and charging handle for $279.99 + shipping.  All you need to do is push the two take down pins out, mate it to your upper and you are good to go.  You just need magazines and ammo.

Even after FFL fees, you should still be under $500 and may have some left over for a mag and some rounds.  You will need some sort of rear sight or you can pick up an inexpensive red dot.

This is all a suggestion to get under $500 if you are on a budget.  You can go pretty wild with this stuff though.

I'm very new to Ar's. I have a saiga 7.62 but have been wanting the other side of the coin. I was looking to pick up a cheap one for like $500 but it seems that's impossible. So I'm looking to build one I guess. Anyone wanna point me in the right direction?

Is your Saiga 7.62 still a Saiga??? Has it been converted to an AK47??? If not I would highly recommend that as your next project! You will never regret it!!!

Just a reminder - six weeks to black Friday and unless Congress give POTUS bonus points between now and then, there will be some awesome sales because inventory is up, prices are down, and sales are sluggish.  You have the M&P Sport and Ruger just announced a AR556 NJ compliant version.  All depends on how you feel about building one.