AverageJoe

Glock 40 MOS Anyone?

I just bought me one tonight :-)

I couldn't resist...

And yes- I have the 20 and 29

I'm reasearching optics, the Leupold Deltapoint seems to be the go to on this Pistol for most...but wow is it expensive.

Damn you lol...how do you like it? Were you able to shoot one before buying? Where did you pick it up/price if you don't mind me asking?

I run a Burris Fastfire III on my Browning Buckmark. It never fails and never loses zero. I think it's the best value in optics.

I also run a Burris XTS 135 on one of my AR's. Again, it never fails and always holds zero.

I don't know why Burris optics are so overlooked.

I paid $680 with NICS from Bullethole.

I didn't shoot it prior, but I knew I wanted a long slide-when they came out with this in 10mm(my favorite round) I had no other choice :-)

I will take it out this weekend, I like to clean and lube new guns prior to shooting for the first time-probably just my OCD disorder kicking in.

"diamondd817"- I will look into Burris, as long as there's no issue with the MOS mounting sys. Thanks for that input

I have a Trijicon RM04 on my G17 that works all the time. They are supposed to be very tough, rugged and durable albeit expensive. With the 10mm I would consider the RMR series to take on the pounding recoil of the 10mm loads.

Congrats & how do you like it ?

I have yet to shoot it but I'm sure it won't disappoint. This weekend :-)

I will report back.

The sight radius is unreal. I have always wanted a long slide since shooting my friends Glock 35.

I'm really overwhelmed with the optics options. I want to keep it simple and pick from the glock site options( all 7 of them).

I know I'm not limited to these, but I'd like a seemless installation if possible.

Ugh, my search for the G40 MOS continues...they're all over online but I don't feel like paying 700+ just for the gun itself. Got 9 days left on this already extended permit...panic enthuses LOL.

I heard RTSP has a nice selection of glocks.

Mah Glock Fohtay

a1862aabc22b16538e821be03f07a216.jpg

Awesome-Gots me the same pair...and the 20 :-)

WTF-How do you like the Burris red dot? Looks like the Fast Fire II, correct?

Was mounting seemless?

Shot the 40 this weekend and must say I was impressed.

I am still getting used to the trigger(needs to do a job on it), balance etc. but it really is fun as hell.

Bought me more ammo to practice with this weekend.

Awesome-Gots me the same pair...and the 20 :-)

WTF-How do you like the Burris red dot? Looks like the Fast Fire II, correct?

Was mounting seemless?

Shot the 40 this weekend and must say I was impressed.

I am still getting used to the trigger(needs to do a job on it), balance etc. but it really is fun as hell.

Bought me more ammo to practice with this weekend.

Yes, Burris Fastfire II.  Mounted seamlessly using mounting plate #01.  There are two lock screws in the rear of the Burris that lock the zero.  Unfortunately, the rear Glock sight impedes your access to these lock screws so it helps to have a rear sight pusher to get it off and back on after you zero the sight (or you can just leave the rear sight off).

I bought a couple Burris FF II's last year when they were blowing them out to make room for the FF III's.  I would much rather have a Trijicon RMR or Deltapoint as they seem better built and the red dot clarity on the Burris is nothing to write home about.

Yes, Burris Fastfire II.  Mounted seamlessly using mounting plate #01.  There are two lock screws in the rear of the Burris that lock the zero.  Unfortunately, the rear Glock sight impedes your access to these lock screws so it helps to have a rear sight pusher to get it off and back on after you zero the sight (or you can just leave the rear sight off).

I bought a couple Burris FF II's last year when they were blowing them out to make room for the FF III's.  I would much rather have a Trijicon RMR or Deltapoint as they seem better built and the red dot clarity on the Burris is nothing to write home about.

I ended up ordering the Trijicon RMR tonight. :-)

Darn thing is expensive-I will have to hide it from the miss' lol ("Oh, it came with that...it was in the box")

I'm having major trouble finding the AC32064 Mounting Plate...ugh

I didn't realize it was such a hot commodity.

Welp, the search is over...major props to Steve from Monmouth Arms for pulling thru in a clutch...my Glock 10mm trifecta is complete. Didn't realize it would come with 4 diff mounting plates, neat. Now to write a letter to Santa for an optic lol.

IMG_20151023_232343_zpsh8ufzjsp.jpg