Sign in to follow this  
njJoniGuy

Frozen Nutz matches this season at SJSC

SOUTH JERSEY SHOOTING CLUB

300 YARD PRONE MATCHES

2015-2016

COME ON OUT AND TRY YOUR HAND AT SHOOTING 300 YARDS PRONE

I WILL BE HOLDING FIVE 300 YARD 'FROZEN NUTZ' PRONE MATCHES THIS SEASON. THE DATES ARE NOV 15th, DEC 20th, JAN 17th, FEB 21st, AND MAR 20th

THERE WILL BE TWO SEPARATE CLASSES: SCOPED AND IRON SIGHTS, WITH A CALIBER LIMIT OF 8MM/.323

THE MATCHES WILL CONSIST OF THREE SEPARATE STAGES OF 22 ROUNDS IN 22 MINUTES SLOW FIRE SINGLE ROUND FEED FROM THE PRONE POSITION.

(The first match may have a 5-min sighter period at the match director’s discretion. Please try to have some kind of 300yd zero before the match)

YOUR SCORE WILL BE THE BEST 20 OF YOUR 22 SHOTS, ALLOWING FOR TWO SIGHTERS PER MATCH. BRING ENOUGH AMMO

THE SCOPED RIFLES MAY BE SUPPORTED BY A FRONT REST/ BIPOD OR OFF HAND SLING AND SHOOTER'S SHOULDER  SHOOTING ON THE MR-63 FC TARGET

THE IRON SIGHTED RIFLES MAY ONLY BE SUPPORTED BY THE OFF HAND (WITH OR WITHOUT SLING) AND SHOOTER'S SHOULDER SHOOTING ON THE MR-63 TARGET

ENTRY FEE IS $10.00 PER SHOOTER.

SIGN IN STARTS AT 8AM SHOOTING TO START AT 9AM SHARP.

THE MATCHES WILL ONLY BE CANCELLED DUE TO HEAVY SNOW THE DAY BEFORE THE MATCH! THE MATCH WILL BE SHOT IN ALL OTHER WEATHER

THIS IS A FUN MATCH ONLY! NOT NRA OR ANY OTHER ORG. APPROVED

HIGH SCORES FROM 4 OF THE 5 MATCHES WILL BE USED TO DETERMINE CHAMPION

ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AT [email protected].

SHAYNE SIMCOX

HIGH POWER RIFLE MATCH DIRECTOR

Sorry about the all caps, but that was how the Match Bulletin was composed.

Some of you have been out in previous years and can attest to the fun that is the Frozen Nutz matches.

We're the ONLY high power game in the state over the winter months, always the 3rd Sunday of the month from November thru March.

If you have any questions, you can either write to Shayne or post them here and I'll do my best to answer them.

I look forward to seeing a bunch of you in attendance.

Be sure to dress in layers so you can peel them off as the day warms up, but it's usually pretty chilly when sign-in begins at 8AM

And if you're coming to shoot, don't wait until 8:45 to arrive to sign in - you may find yourself S.O.L because the match is full.

First come, first squadded!

Bump for this Sunday's match.

I will start squadding at 0800

Even with the newly increased range capacity (40 shooters) I expect the match to be filled long before the 0900 start time.

The weather forecast is for a high of 58F, but it will be closer to the freezing mark at 0800

Dress in layers so you can shed them as it warms up

And pack a lunch if you like steady blood sugar levels

When you sign in, let me know you're from NJGF

It'll get you a Laurel and Hardy handshake (with apologies to Mel Brooks) !