WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Thoughts on BCM EAG Tactical Carbine?

Any thoughts on the EAG Tactical Carbine by BCM?

I would have to piece it together myself as BCM does not ship complete rifles to NJ nor customize.  I would rather the BattleComp 1.5 perm attached versus a BCM Compensator Mod 0 anyways.

Intended use is to be my primary AR for training (hopefully EAG next year), SD, plinking, and maybe when I try out 3-Gun.  Want to consolidate to one AR and get ride of my toy builds.

Wondering the following:

- Go with the lightweight or regular middy 14.5" upper?

- This rifle has been around since 2010-ish.  Better options or configurations out there?  Keymod?

BCM-Rifle-EAG-FDE-2.jpg?1439463443

Parts List

• BCM® 14.5" Mid Length Gas BFH (Cold Hammer Forged) Barrel (w/ perm BattleComp 1.5)
  • LaRue Tactical 9" Tactical Free Float Handguards
  • TangoDown SCAR Panel Covers (qty 3)
  • TangoDown QD Vertical Grip-K
  • TangoDown Battle Grip
  • TangoDown PR#4 Sling Mount
  • Vltor USGI QD Front Swivel
  • Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock
  • Troy Ind/BCM Rear Folding Battle Sight
  • VTAC Padded Sling
  • VTAC Light Mount
  • SureFire P2X Fury Tactical LED Light
  • Aimpoint T1-Micro with Larue Mount

The question is, is it what you want?

To me, they are overpriced, but also I don't like or care for some of the parts. Larue handguards were good 10 years ago, but they've hardly changed while everyone builds good ones now, I don't want panels or vertical grips, or a carbine stock so ... no. But if that is a list of things you want and the price seems good to you, then the rifle will work, thats for sure.

I have the hs upper version of this rifle. It's been utterly reliable and been well used. I agree with vlad that there are some things I would switch out but it's definitely quality.

By the way, EAG training was second to none. I am planning to do it again soon

I might add, I have the EAG carbine...it has run perfect. I also have the lightweight EAG and it has been perfect. If you want an ar... an GOOD quality AR and don't buy BCM, you get what you deserve.

I wouldn't go so far as to say BCM is the end all be all of AR manufacturers in this price point.  Remove the T1 and light and you are in the $1300 price bracket, which buys you alot of AR right now.

Not to say BCM isnt a great company, rifle builder.  I'm just saying if you go used you can go top tier (Noveske, KAC, etc) for not much more.  I recently got an sr-15 for $1500.  Bought a like new Noveske for the same price.  

All my Noveske rifles out shoot my BCM and DD rifles, and the KAC is the same accuracy as DD/BCM but doesnt even feel like you are shooting it.

Just my opinion.

The beauty of BCM is that they make a great rifle, with just about every imaginable upper receiver you can think of.  if a complete rifle is what you are looking for, and the EAG isn't "exactly" what you want, just get a BCM with the exact options you want. the EAG doesn't have features i want, but that doesn't mean i think for a second it wouldn't be as reliable a rifle as you can get.  

Thanks for the advice (and validation).  I will definitely look into used Noveske or KAC rifles in that price range.  The new pricing on BCM and LaRue is definitely on the obnoxious side.

What makes you think your "toy builds" would not perform well?

......"D-Bag Extraordinaire".....lol.  From my few interactions with you, you are definitely NOT a D-Bag.  Maybe we just need to hang out more for your real inner D-Bag to emerge?  :)

My build will probably hold up, but it weighs a ton (SOPMOD Block II clone).  The other build is a is a retro A2.  An yes, my D-Baggery comes in spurts, but it is astonishing... :jester: